In Session - A Zombie Apocolypse Story

Chapter One-

I sit in reading. The wind from the open window the only thing keeping me alive in this blaring hot classroom. Facing forward looking at the back of Maria Ortega’s head. She annoys the heck out of me. She looks like a fish… And her head is shaped like a cucumber. But she thinks she’s all that in a bag of chips with her brown ponytail and little pink headband she always wears.

“Jerry?” Jocelyn asks from behind, tapping me on my shoulder gently. Jocelyn is one of my very good friends here. She’s always there for me and I’m able to rely on her for anything. I smile kindly and respond, “Yes?”

“Do you have a pencil I can borrow?” She replies, ruffling her hair gently. I hand her a yellow number two pencil and get back to work,

“Thanks!” She says.

“No problem.” I reply.

“AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! AIE! AIE! AIEEE!” Jessie Garcia screams. We all burst into an eruption of laughter. Except for Maria Ortega. Who stares blankly at the wall with her fish face.

“JESSIE!” Mrs.Vitek, My reading teacher threatens. Mrs.Vitek reminds me of Ms.Puff from SpongeBob. She has blue-topaz colored eyes and always wears crocks. But whenever she yells at Jessie her jaw hangs open for about a minute and she just stares at him. I don’t know what she’s doing really. It just looks like somebody interrupted her brain. But you can tell she’s stressed. Mostly by the limited amount of hair on her head. She likes to curl the back a little bit and it makes it look worse. “GET OUT!” She screams. My friend Regine, who is sitting next to Jessie tries hard not to “die”. All of a sudden, our principal Mrs.Tabwada gets on the loud speaker,

“EVERYBODY, LOCKDOWN, LOCKDOWN, LOCKDOWN. THIS IS NOT A TEST. LOCKDOWN.”

Vitek turns off the lights and locks the door. We hear shuffling from outside the halls and bangs on doors. Then screams. I don’t recognize who the person is though. Then I see it. A rotted-up zombie. I take my pencil.

“Mrs.Vitek. I need your keys. Or else we will die in here.” I demand.

“Jerry WHAT THE HELL. NO!” Mrs.Vitek says.

I grip onto my pencil, “Kay then… guess I’ll do it for you.” I jump onto Vitek and try to stab her with my pencil. Everybody screams. It breaks on her head but blood gushes from a puncture wound, not deep enough to kill her. But she falls over. She gets back up and charges after me. Her hands enclose onto my neck and I poke her in the eye with the eraser of the pencil. She screams and holds her eyes. I shuffle around for scissors. She grabs me by my waist and slams me against one of the desks. I hear Jose Romo, Jessie’s right hand man, cracking up.

“ROMO SHUT THE FUCK UP!” Tania screams at him.

“TANIA SHUT UP! NOISE ATTRACTS THEM!” Regine replies.

Celeste joins in, “Regine you’re screaming too!” I elbow Vitek in the stomach and she loosens her grip on me. I elbow her side and take the scissors and stab her in the head. Again and again I stab her, until an oozing grey substance starts to gush out slowly. I wipe them on my uniform pants and put them in my pocket. I find her keys and look at everybody standing at the side of the room in awe, “LISTEN HERE!” I say, “I’m unlocking that door. If you expect to be alive after I do so, then follow me. Go for the brain. Get any sharp object you can in this room when I say go. And if any of you decide to not follow my rules, you’ll end up like Vitek. Chop chop!” The whole class scurries for objects. Heavy books, pencils, pens, scissors, even their belts. Maria Ortega takes off her shoe. I face palm myself and unlock the door. Killing the walker with my scissors.

“GO!” I scream. I look both ways and see Ms.Truman running, or trying to run, to us. She isn’t bitten. But I do see Mrs.Granrath being bitten, “THIS WILL BE IN THE BOOKS!” She said, “AS I GET BITTEN. I LOOK INTO THE LIGHT.” She does a quick hand movement, “AND I KNOW, I WILL DIEE!!!!” She screams and gets tackled. I don’t know why I decide to let Ms.Truman into our group, but I do. And she slowly takes her purse off her shoulders and eats a snicker. “I NEED MY ENERGY!” She says. I’m soon met up with other kids from other classes, Monica, Jair, Maggie, Yoshi, Yahaira, Uriel, Jessica Macias, Jessica Lopez, and Nayeli then teachers Mr.Busteed, Ms.Witnik. and Mrs.Kryda also joins us. After we rush out the doors only about half of my class is left, the rest are spead out the halls, the infection taking over their bodies. The living being, Jocelyn, Regine, Adriana, Celeste, Noemi, Maria Ortega, Daniel H, Jessie, Brandon, Jose Cruz, Omar, Carnitas, and Tania. Then everybody from the other classes got out, except for Nayeli, and Maggie who were both bit in the neck.

“WHAT DO WE DO NOW!?” Yahaira screams.

“Get to the Jimenez!” I reply.

Mrs.Truman cries, “I NEED MY SON!”

“Truman, if you get to the Jimenez you can get all the Snickers.” I say, “Then get your son.”

“GOOD THINKING!” Truman smiles and trottles to the Jimenez with us all.

Oh god… I’m in for it.