Chapter 4: Mirrors

*Ray & Neah*

“What the hell are you doing here?” Neah’s mom asks Ray harshly. “You hurt my daughter, you shouldn’t be here.” She tries shutting the door on him, with lightning fast reflexes he catches the door with the palm of his hand.

Ray glares at her, his jaw clenched, the box clutched tightly in his hands. “With all due respect, this has anything to do with you, this is between me and Neah.”

“Whatever has to do with Neah, had to do with me,” She snaps.

“Let me talk to Neah, right now!” Ray yells loudly his patience wearing thin.

“No!” Neah’s mother yells. “Get off my property right now! You no good son of a-”

“I’m not leaving this damn house until I see Neah!” He sneers.

Neah hears the commotion from her room, she comes in the front room, where her mom and Ray are in a heated argument. Her heart starts thudding loudly in her chest. She hurriedly get in between her mother, and Ray. The vision flashing in her mind, like a montage playing over and over.

Neah‘s eyes narrow on her mother. “Mom its okay,” Neah tells her. “Can you give us a minute, please?”

Neah’s mom hesitates, but she reluctantly leaves the room, smiling sweetly a complete 360 from the woman who was just yelling at Ray. 

Neah sucks in a breath as she looks at Ray. “Come in Ray,” she says.

Ray shuffles into the house loudly. For a moment he looks everywhere but at Neah, seeing her makes it all the more painful. Its hard to let her go.

“What are you doing here?” She asks softly, eyeing the box in his hand. “What’s that?”

“I came to bring you your shit.” He hisses, shoving the box into her hands.

She eyes it on confusion. “Why are you giving me this back?” Her voice breaks, but she covers it smoothly with a cough.

“Because, I need to free myself from you.”

She gasps, a zing of pain going to her heart, she clutches the box so tightly her fingers turn numb.

“I only came back to say goodbye,” He said, mirroring her words from when she came to see him.

“Ray-” She breathes hoarsely.

He stops her by holding up a hand. “I’m only giving you what you wanted. This is was you wanted right?”

She doesn’t respond. He shakes his head, and turns his back on her, with every step he takes she can feel her heart exploding in her chest.

*SiSi & Roc*

Roc comes back a little later to his and SiSi’s suite. SiSi’s relieved. She didn’t expect to see him back this early. Her heart flutters upon seeing him.

“Hey baby.” SiSi greets him chipperly, as he toes his shoes off near the door. Roc doesn’t respond he doesn’t even acknowledge her presence. SiSi thinks that maybe he didn’t hear her, so she tries again. “I said hey Roc.”

Roc still doesn’t say anything, she gets up to get in his face, but he sidesteps her and goes into the bathroom. Anger courses through SiSi. “So you’re not talking to me?” She asks through the door of the bathroom.

She is greeted with silence, and then a flush, this only angers her more. Roc comes out of the bathroom, seemingly looking past SiSi. “You didn’t even wash your hands, you’re nasty!” SiSi says, following closely behind him as he continues to ignore her. He goes into the kitchen.

“Roc, why won’t you talk to me?”
“You should no why,” he says, grabbing a beverage from the refrigerator without looking at her, and sitting down.

“Is it because of what I said earlier?” She asks moving a piece of hair from her face.

“You’re smart.” He says dryly.

“Roc I didn’t mean that.”

“You say a lot of things you don’t mean. I’m tired of your mood swings and stuff.”

“Roc I’m sorry, things have just  been so screwed up lately.”

“They’ve been screwed up for me too! You can’t see anyone but you, that’s one of your problems.”

She glares daggers at him. “So now you’re pointing out my damn problems?”

He finally looks at her, his teeth gritted. “Maybe you should consider counseling.”

“Counseling? Why the hell would I go to counseling? Maybe you should go.” She said testily.

“SiSi calm down please..”

“You calm down! You get on my nerves! Maybe this wedding is a mistake, I’m not ready to marry someone like you.”

“Someone like me? What the hell does that mean.”

She crosses her arms over her chest. “Figure it out.”

He stands up abruptly, the floor squeaking against the kitchen floor. “The wedding is off, and as of right now, so is our damn relationship,” He says leaving the suite.

*Rae & Princeton*

“Imari is so cute,” Princeton tells Rae, while their on the balcony looking at the stars.

“Isn’t she though, she’s so precious.”

Princeton smiles. “Rae…”

“Yeah baby?” Rae asks taking a sip of her water, as she notices an airplane flying over head.

“I want to have a baby.”

Rae spits out the water, covering Princeton slightly, he gives her a distasteful look. “Come again? I don’t think I heard you correctly.”

Princeton eyes her. “You heard me Rachel.”

Rae cringes, when he uses her whole name she knows this conversation isn’t going to go well. “I don’t want kids Princeton.” She says simply, smoothing her semi-wet clothes out.

“Well I do.”

“I don’t.” She snaps.

“Never?”

“I don’t know.. But I’m not ready right now.”

“Rae do you always have to be so selfish?”

“I’m being selfish because I don’t want to have a damn kid?”

Princeton stands up. “Think about someone other than yourself for once in your damn life!”

Rae glares after him. She doesn’t care what he wants, she is stubborn and she doesn’t want kids.

Stay tuned -Rae