Ch. 31: Blockage

*Roc & SiSi*

Roc and SiSi make it to the courthouse. “We need to know where to go to get married.” Roc tells the clergy lady.

“Go down the hall and you’ll see a sign.” She tells him.

They get to the room where the marriage certificates are given.

SiSi hesitates for a moment. A tear falls upon her cheek.

“We won’t do anything you don’t want to do.” He reassures her as he wipes her tears away.

“It’s not that. I just wish I could share this moment with my mother. I don’t have one of those though. Other than that I’m fine.” She tells him and pulls him into the room.

“Can we help you?” A lady asks them.

*The group*

Everyone is silent.

Rae growls out of frustration. “I know we are all dealing with a death but Tamar wouldn’t want us to be like this! We’re walking around like she didn’t have a fulfilling life.” Rae snaps.

 Princeton’s eyes get big. “Babe, calm down!” He tells her.

“No! I won’t! Tamar was the most upbeat person I’ve ever met and I’ll be damned if I sit here and cry and be sad over her death. I’m going to celebrate her life. We all are. This hurts I know but this isn’t what she would want for us.” Rae tells them and turns on some music.

“My favorite moment with her was when she told me what I was having. I swore Imari was going to be a boy and Tamar was right. The look on her face when she seen Imari but priceless. I knew she loved her from the moment she placed eyes on her.” Sidney says with a smile.

Everyone smiles at Imari.

“My favorite moment with Grandma Tata was when she taught me how to master the power of speaking to my daddy through his thoughts. She was so patient with me and she never lost faith in me.” Imari tells them and smiles.

Prodigy just stares at her. A vision keeps creeping up on him but he can’t get to it. Someone is still blocking his visions.

“Prodigy? You wanna share a special moment you’ve shared with Tamar?” Sidney asks him.

He shakes his head. “I’m enjoying just listening to all the wonderful moments that ya’ll shared with her.” He answers with a smile.

“I’ll tell mine Sid.” E.J. intervenes. “I didn’t know her long like ya’ll did but my most memorable moment was when she was telling me about each of ya’lls needs since I was hired to be your assistant and she said that Prodigy was the meanest and to not get so close to him because he gets irritated easily.” E.J. finishes with laughter.

Everyone just stares at him in silence.

Prodigy gives Sidney a peculiar look and leaves the front room.

“Why would you say something like that?” Princeton asks him.

“Because I liked that moment!” E.J. answers with a big smile.

“Stop smiling like a chess cat! You couldn’t think of a better moment than that?” Rae asks him as she knocks him up side his head.

“I didn’t realize he was so sensitive!” E.J. tells them with a smirk.

Sidney just stares at him then grabs Imari & goes after her husband.

“I see why Prodigy doesn’t like you!” Ray Ray adds.