Chapter 28: Monday and My Friday

*The Group*

“Stop, Ray! STOP!” Prince says, “you’re killing her.” He tries walking toward them, to pull Ray off of him, but Vince stops him.

“A vampire high off of human blood, is dangerous enough, stopping a feed will be like sealing your own death, he has to beat this on his own.”

“You don’t want to have it on your conscience, Ray, stop,” Roc adds.

“Let love be enough,” Rae adds.

“RAY!” Sidney says.

But Ray doesn’t stop. The memories of Ray and Neah, are still swirling through his mind, on a constant montage playing over and over in his head. He can only barely hear his families voices willing him to stop.

“Ray,” Neah reaches up weakly, and touches his face.

Ray gasps, as he sees the vision, playing in his mind. Its him drinking her blood, if he doesn’t beat the blood lust, and stop drinking from her, he will kill her.

He cannot lose her twice, he refuses to. The vision burns through his mind, watching himself standing over her looking at her dead body, that he killed.

He finds the incredible strength to stop sucking he pulls away, biting down hard on his lip to keep himself from sucking down again.

“Ray, you stopped.” Prodigy says relieved.

Ray ignores him, as he continues looking on Neah, wiping the remaining blood off of his lips. She’s incredibly still, unmoving and he knows he didn’t stop soon enough, he killed her. He will never see her beautiful face walking around again.

He’s disgusted with himself. He doesn’t even think he’s fit to live he killed the of his life. How can he live in a world without her?

“Ray…” Neah breathes, her eyes blinking open a fierce golden color.

“Baby,” he says grabbing her and pulling her up to hug her. “I thought I would never see you again,” he says, placing his hands into the crook of her neck.

“You saved me baby, you saved me!”

He feels shamed because he almost didn’t stop drinking her in time . “I love you so much,” she says.

“I love you too,” he responds.

“Neah, its good to see you girl,” Rae says. “Now you’re one of us,” she squeals.

SiSi and Sidney, give Rae a dirty look.

Rae glares back at them. “Why are you looking at me like that?” She asks her sisters.

“Because, Neah ditched us.” SiSi says.

“For good reason she was worried about Ray killing her mom, and she didn’t know what the situation was going to be, she was just trying to protect Ray, from what she thought may have been an awful mistake.” Rae defends.

“So let me get this straight, you knew this whole time and you didn’t tell anyone?” Sidney asks heatedly.

Rae shrugs, “it wasn’t my business to tell.” She glares. “I’m just happy Neah is back with us. I can’t wait for you to meet Zayne, my son,” She beams.

SiSi and Sid, are still disgusted with Rae, for not telling them something of that significance but before they can call her out on her BS a voice rings throughout the palace.

“I FOUND IMARI!” EJ yells loudly.

Sidney, and Prod are leading the pack to where Imari, is in EJ’s lap covered in mud.

Sidney collapses. “Oh. My baby.” She says. “I thought I would never see her again,” Sidney takes the young child out of EJ’s hands, and hugs her close. “Where did you find her?”

“I was hunting in the forest, good thing I did, I caught wind of her scent, and brought her home. She was alone and freezing.”

“So you didn’t see anyone with her?” Prod interrogates.

EJ shakes his head and lies. “No one at all, I’m so glad I was the one who was able to get her back to you all.”

Prodigy takes Imari, and Sidney hugs EJ. “Thank you so much,” tears spring from Sidney’s eyes. “I wasn’t sure about you before, but now you’re alright in my book.”

Prod looks on at them with rage, there is something about EJ he can’t exactly put his finger on, but he doesn’t like it.

*Tamar & Vince*

Vince feels like there is something wrong, Tamar has been gone for way too long, and he goes to investigate. Tamar is predictable whenever she wants to think, or is mad she goes to the mountain over looking the forest.

“TAMAR!” Vince calls her, but doesn’t see her right away.

He peers through the thick brush of trees, and when he steps on something it moans loudly. He realizes that its Tamar he’s stepped on.

“Oh baby!” Vince says bending down to scoop her into his arms. “What the fuck happened?”

“I was stabbed with the potion that kills vampires, I don’t have much time Vince. I’m so glad you’re here, you are always here when I need you the most.”

“Tamar, please hang on, please. We can fix this, I know a solution that will counteract this.”

“Its already been too late,” she says, tears as thick as blood streams from her eyes. “I love you so much Vincent THE Herbert.”

“You my Monday, and My Friday, baby.”

“I can’t stand ya.” She sings.

“Then I love ya.” He adds.

“Can’t figure out why babe.”

“You’re my Monday and My Friday.” Vince is weeping now.

Tamar goes completely still, and her eyes aren’t moving.

“Tamar?” Vince calls. “Tamar? I love you baby, I love you so much I always will.” Vince places kisses all over Tamar, and continues to cry. If only he didn’t leave her alone.

Now Tamar is dead.

Stay Tuned -Rae