Ch. 37: Burn to Dust

Everyone turns and stares at who’s before their eyes.

Vince can’t believe his eyes. This female looks and sounds like Tamar but somehow different. He can’t pull his mind to figure out how it’s even possible that she’s still alive. He watched her die in his arms days before now. “Somebody pinch me cause I must be dreaming!” He exclaims.

Roc pinches him.

“Ouch!” Vince says as he stares at Roc as if he’s crazy.

“What? You said to pinch you.” He answers with a laugh.

Vince walks up to Tamar. “Is it really you?” He asks her as he stares into her eyes which are a brighter hazel pigment.

Tamar smiles at him as she gazes upon his beauty. “It’s me in the flesh, my love.” She answers him and caresses his cheek.

A tear escapes his eye. “I missed you so much but how is this even possible.” He asks her.

Her attention drifts to Imari whom Savannah has in her custody right now. “My granddaughter brought me back to life. It’s like she breathed air into me without even being in my presence.” She answers him.

Sidney stares at her child weirdly.

Savannah gets on her knees and stares the little girl in her eyes. “How is it possible that you did that, Imari? Every healer that ever lived has to have touch contact with the person to heal them and I’ve never heard any of them being able to bring someone from the dead . . .” Savannah says in astonishment.

Imari smiles at Savannah.

Prodigy wants to grab his daughter but he knows if he takes one step towards Savannah will kill her.

Savannah smiles back Imari as they share a special moment together. Her hands start to feel as if it’s on fire after a while. She snatches her hand quickly away from Imari’s. She stares at the blisters all over her hand.

Everyone stares in amazement.

Imari stares at Savannah for a while without saying a word.

Sidney grabs her daughter. “You have more power than anyone would have imagined!” She tells her as she rubs her face.

Imari pulls her in close. “I’ll always protect my family no matter what.” She tells her and smiles.

SiSi hasn’t said a word. She’s still amazement at how Imari can bring someone back to life. They never thought they would ever see Tamar again. “Our children will be even more powerful than we are.” She comes to the realization.

Rae stares upon her growing son. “Is that why you want to kill these guys so bad, Savannah? You knew we would bare powerful children and you can’t have someone being more powerful than you, huh?” She asks as she clenches to her son.

Savannah holds her hand. “Ya’ll were never supposed to have children, this was never in the prophecy!” She yells.

“The prophecy also never spoke of 3 being born at first. The prophecy can change at any moment and you know that Savannah!” Tamar interrupts.

The 3 girls stare at Tamar as if she’s talking in a foreign language.

“What prophecy are ya’ll talking about?” Sidney asks.

Tamar takes a deep breath. “For royal blood there’s always a prophecy written up by the highest power, sort of like God but not. Ya’ll are new to vampire life so we never got to that detail.” Tamar tells them.

Savannah rolls her eyes. “Peytan should have been my only child but sometimes the prophecy alters due to the things we choose for our path, which I’m glad about because Peytan is a pain in my ass!” Savannah yells.