Ch. 7: Space

*Sidney*

Sidney goes to SiSi’s suite to talk to her. As she walks into the room she notices something unfamiliar. All SiSi’s clothes are packed up. She looks through one of the suit cases and notices a note lying on the bed. She picks it up and reads aloud: If one of my sister’s find this just know I had to leave. I can’t bear being in this house alone without my one true love. I needed space to myself. I don’t want to be a burden on anyone. I know you two will be fine without me so carry on as if I were there with you. Ps. Help Roc cope without me, he’s better off anyways. All I’ve done lately was hurt him and he deserves better. I could have been a woman and owned up to my mistakes but pride wouldn’t let me. Let him know I’m sorry for everything and I pray he moves on from the darkness in his life which is me. Let him know I love him truly. Let Vince & Tamar know that I thank them for being the parents I always needed and tell my brothers that they have been the best people in my life and I count my blessings for all of you. Don’t worry about me just be happy. I’ll be fine!  Sidney runs out the room and finds Roc in one of the extra bedrooms.

“Roc, where is SiSi?” She asks him franticly.

Roc just shrugs and continues watching TV.

“Roc, Please! If you know anything let me know!”

Roc just shakes his head as if he doesn’t care.

Sidney slams the note SiSi wrote on his lap. Roc looks up at her furiously but then opens the letter and reads it. “I-I- knew she was leaving but she made it seem like it was just for a minute to clear her head. I didn’t know she was trying to leave for good. I shouldn’t have ever let her leave in the first place. I promised her I would always protect her and now she off to God knows where without me. I pushed her to this Sid, I did this to her.” Roc panics.

Sidney consoles him. “SiSi was already having issues Roc; it’s not your fault.”

“It is Sid! If I hadn’t have made her mad, if I had have been a better fiancé and not pressured her about this damn wedding she’d be fine. I confused her…first I wanted her to take a break from all the planning and then next I was fussing at her for taking the break. It’s all my fault!” Roc jumps up and throws a chair across the room.

Everyone runs in from all the commotion that’s heard.

“What’s wrong?” Princeton asks them.

“SiSi left.” Sid says as she stares at the floor.

Tamar gets closer to Sidney. “What do you mean by left?”

“She’s gone. She doesn’t plan on coming back.” Sidney answers her then collapses to the floor.

Prodigy runs to her rescue and holds her while on the ground.

“My daughter is gone and we’re all just standing here?” Savannah intervenes.

“Your daughter? I don’t know what you think this is but her mother is me! You just came in the picture so calm down missy!” Tamar scolds at her.

“Yes my daughter. All three of them came out of me! Tamar you’re no longer needed, I don’t even know why you and your husband are still in the picture…” Savannah says as she gives Tamar a smirk.

Rae steps up to Savannah. “Tamar will always be more of a mother than you have ever been. Yes you birthed us but you ran as soon as you got the chance and don’t you dare say it was to protect us because I’m not naïve. Who in their right mind would leave their children all alone to protect them?” Rae intervenes.

Savannah slaps Rae’s face.

Tamar runs up on Savannah and tackles her. Vince has to pull her off.