CHAPTER 40: THE THRONE

*The Group & EJ*

“I’m sorry I didn’t believe you baby,” Roc says grabbing SiSi’s hand.

“Get away from her Roc, or I’ll hurt her,” EJ says separating the boys from the girls in the room.

“EJ, please don’t do something you’ll regret,” Tamar says.

“Nobody asked you bitch, now shut the hell up,” EJ growls as he man handles Tamar and puts her with the rest of the females.

“There’s no need to be so rough,” Vince pipes up looking to his wife, he just got her back, and he prays to God in heaven that he doesn’t lose her again.

EJ rolls his eyes, clearly becoming annoyed. “Save it fat fuck, for I make your ass run on a damn treadmill.”

Princeton squirms on the ground, next to Ray. “EJ, come on you’re being ridiculous,” Prince manages through extricating pain, trying to reason with him.

Rae is beside herself on the other side of the room, she desperately wants to be with Princeton in his time of need. Her mind suddenly wonders to her sleeping son, and she hopes he stays safe.

“No you’re ridiculous,” He says getting in Princeton’s face. “The throne will be mine once I get rid of them,” he points to Rae, SiSi, and Syd. “The throne is as much as mine as it is theirs.”

“Why the hell do you keep saying that, our parents are the king and queen, so it makes since that we are next in line to take the throne, you are deranged.” Rae can’t stop her mouth, she wants to know what he means.

“Shut the hell up bitch,” EJ says approaching her.

Princeton reaches out and grabs EJ by the foot weakly. “Don’t fucking touch her.”

EJ shakes him off of his foot with a manic smile, and heads towards Rae anyway. “I’ll tell you how I deserve the throne. Savannah and Christopher created me when they were cloning vampires and wolves, I am there son that you didn’t know about. They secretly cared for me, while they pissed on you three. So basically, I’m your brother,” he smiles. “And after I kill y’all, I will be the leader.”

A plan starts forming in SiSi’s head, she needs to try and make EJ believe that they don’t want the throne. Her hands are clammy, but she speaks up. “We don’t want the throne EJ, we never did. The only reason why we even agreed to take over was because we felt pressured by our parents.” She starts her lie, while EJ intently listens. She communicates with Rae and Sydney so they are aware of where she’s going with this.

Roc pipes up. “SiSi what the hell are you doing.”

Sydney cuts him off with a look. “She’s right Roc, we never wanted the throne.”

Rae also agrees.

“You can’t let him have the throne.” Prodigy says. “He’s crazy.”

“Shut up wanna be me,” EJ hisses, “let the girls finish.”

“We will sign over the throne to you,” SiSi says. “Its yours, the only thing we want in return is you let each of us go, without anyone being harmed.”

EJ ponders for a moment, “how do I know you’re going to keep the deal?”

“We will not return to this land again, you will never hear or see us, and we will get everything in writing, and if we return you will have permission to kill us.” Syd says.

“No what the hell are you doing?” Prodigy scolds her, as the group becomes in an uproar.

EJ grins, “SILENCE. I will agree to your terms, I will let you go free in exchange for the throne, and you will not return to my land, and I will rule the vampire world.”

The three nod.

“Excellent,” he says laughing from the pit of his belly, turning his back to them and letting his guard down.

SiSi and Tamar exchange a look. “IMANI NOW!” The little girl comes into the room with blazing fire hands and aims them at EJ. Taken aback EJ stumbles as the fire bores into him, and knocks him out.

“Good girl,” Sidney says, collecting her child.

“We need to get moving, fire won’t kill him, he’s only down temporarily,” Tamar says. She looks to Vince. “We need another potion from the witch.”

Vince nods. “We’ll be back, it won’t take us long to collect the potion, tie him up so he doesn’t try anything while were gone.”

Roc and Prodigy get something to tie the unconscious EJ up with. Once everything is done Roc goes over to SiSi.

“Baby, you had me worried. That was dangerous as hell!”

SiSi winces as she gets ready for his scolding, that doesn’t come, instead he pulls her into a bear hug. “Good thinking baby,” he says kissing her cheek. “How did Imari know when to come in?”

“When SiSi spoke to me telepathically,” Sidney begins, “I woke Imari from her slumber, alerting her that we were going to need her, and SiSi would notify her when to come.”

Roc is so proud of SiSi, all he can do is stare at his smart, brave, woman.

Rae goes over to Princeton, who’s starting to come to, and Neah goes to Ray.

Everyone is embracing when the doorbell rings.

The room stops, and silence is heard.

“I’ll get it,” Prodigy says after a few minutes.

“I think we better go together,” Prince says standing on his feet. “We’ve had enough damn surprises for tonight.”

They go to the door opening it to reveal an older man.

“May we help you?” Neah asks.

“I’m looking for Imani, Peyton, and Alaysia.”

“Here we are.” They say in unison.

“It seems as though your mother and father are dead.” The man says.

“Christopher is dead?!” They say in unison again.

“Yes,” the man says. “He couldn’t bear the burden of his wife’s bloodshed on his hands, so he was killed with a knife potion to the heart.”

The three girls look at one another.

“I didn’t know him long, but he seemed like a good person,” Rae says as the other two agree. Rae feels immense sadness that her birth parents are gone, she leans into Prince, while the other girls follow suit with Roc and Prod.

They are all three grateful more than ever to have amazing parents like Vince and Tamar.

“I know this may come as a shock to you girls, but the throne was still under here care, and now with their passing, someone will need to take over the throne now, the vampire world must always have a leader, and since you three are next in line, you are now the queens.”

Rae, SiSi, and Sid are all shocked, they weren’t expecting to take over so soon.

Everyone looks at the man in stunned, bewildered silence.

THE END OF BOOK THREE

Stay tuned for BOOK FOUR: Mindless Blood: The Power of the Throne