Ch. 9: Handling Truths

*Ray Ray*

 . . . . .”Hello?” A voice of bliss answers the phone. This sound is like music to Ray’s ears.

“This is Ray Ray; we met in the mall last night. . .” He says nervously.

The girl hesitates for a moment. “Yeah I remember but I didn’t actually think you would call. . .”

This statement makes Ray second guess himself for even calling in the first place. “I hope it’s not a problem that I did. . “ He says sadly.

“No I didn’t mean it like that! I’m glad you did it’s just I’m sure you get chicks numbers all the time so I didn’t really think I’d be that special.”

“To be honest you’re the first girl I’ve talked to since me and my ex broke up. . . .”

“That’s right you were in a relationship not too long ago which was weird to see because you’re a ladies man.” She says with a giggle.

Ray laughs a little. “Not anymore, I was on lockdown but enough about that.” He cuts the conversation about Neah and him short.

There’s an awkward silence for a while till Ray breaks it finally.

“Kylah?” He calls for her.

“Yes?” She says lightly.

“I was wondering would you maybe want to go on a date tomorrow night?” He asks nervous of her answer.

“You know it’s just your luck that I’m off tomorrow night so sure! What time should I be ready?” She asks excitedly.

“Is 7 okay?” He asks.

“And what are we planning on doing?”

“Let that be a surprise. Dress nice though and I’ll call you tomorrow.” Ray tells her.

“Goodnight Ray.” She says and hangs up.

Ray lets out a big gasp of air and smiles a little. His life is nowhere near the normal that he had become so use to and that he held so dear to his heart but at least he was feeling like his old self a little and that’s all that mattered to him at this point.

*Prodigy & Sidney*

Sidney is laying her head in Prodigy’s lap. “Do you think Ray will ever get over Neah completely?” She asks him.

“I don’t know but if she doesn’t want to be with him I believe he should at least try. It can’t hurt.” He responds as he rubs through her hair.

Sidney’s phone starts to ring. “Hello?” She sings into the speakers.

“So I’ve been thinking . . . just because me & Ray aren’t together anymore doesn’t mean I can’t still hang with my girls, right?” Neah asks her.

Sidney pauses for a moment. “Won’t that be kind of weird for you and him though?”

“Sure it will but we’ve established that we’re okay with moving on. I want this for him so we might as well deal with it now rather than later. So are you in or not?”

“I guess Neah. When are you trying to hang?” Sidney asks her with a slight grin. She has something up her sleeve.

“Tomorrow I’ll come by, I need some new scenery and I miss Tamar and her great advice and I even miss Vince staring at me like I was crazy!” Neah says with laughter.

“Come at like 6 then, it’ll be like old times!” Sid says and hangs up.

Prodigy is staring at her. “Who was that?” He asks as if he doesn’t already know.

“Neah. . .and before you get upset she just wants to hang with the girls. She’s not worried about Ray anymore, okay?”

“You know she still is. Just cause she says she’s not doesn’t mean shit! Why else is she trying to get over here?! Think about it Sid…you’re not dumb!”

“Why are you yelling at me? I know she probably still has feelings, they have history and love doesn’t just go away but I’m not going to forbid her from the palace just because you think Ray can’t handle being around her! He will be fine just like she will and they will cope the best way they know how and maybe this will give them closure and they can build a friendship or whatever!” Sidney tells him and rises up off his lap.

“You’re being selfish right now. They’re not ready and you know it!”

“And honestly at this moment I’m not worried about their relationship. They are grown, they can handle this on their own. I’m a mother to Imari and I refuse to pacify these two people because they’re going through a breakup!” She says and walks out of the room.

Prodigy just stays and shakes his head. “I don’t even know why I try because no one ever listens to me.” He says out loud to himself.

*SiSi*

SiSi eats her food and gets up to leave the diner. She feels a soft tap on her shoulder. As she turns to look she sees the tall handsome waiter waiting for her to acknowledge his presence.

“So I get off in like 5 minutes and you seem like you could use some company. . .?” The waiter.

Roc can still feel the guys presence with SiSi as he sits in their lonely suite. “Princeton, get in her head and see what the conversation is!”

“You know I can’t do that, man.” Princeton refuses.

“I’d do it for you, bro. Please Prince?” Roc begins to beg.

Princeton lets out a loud sigh. “Okay.” He says and tunes in on SiSi.

Roc is on pins and needles. “What is it?” He asks as he sees the expression on Prince’s face.

“He asked her to hang out with him. . .” He says and pauses.

“And what did she say?” Roc asks with a bit of sorrow.

Princeton shakes his head. “I could dictate her thoughts and make her say whatever you want her to. . .she hasn’t answered yet.”

Roc looks down for a moment. “As bad as I want her to say no it wouldn’t be right, and as bad this hurts I have to give her space I guess. You can stop now, I’d rather not even know how the conversation ends.” He says.

Princeton just stares at him for a moment. “If it makes you feel better, she’s thinking of you too.” He shares and leaves out the suite.

*Rae & Princeton*

Princeton walks in on Rae staring at herself in the mirror. “Well aren’t you into yourself!” He says and laughs.

“Baby, will you be honest with me for a moment?” She asks him with a desperate expression on her face.

“Always babe, what’s up?” He asks.

She stares awhile longer at herself in the mirror. “Do I look like I’ve gained weight?”

He gets quiet for a moment as he thinks of the right answer. This seems like a trick question to him.

“BABY!!!! Answer!” She yells at him as she continues observing herself.

He looks away a little then graces her body with his arms. “You look sexier than you did yesterday baby. Don’t worry, okay?” He whispers in her ear.

His voice sends chills down her body. “Are you sure?” She stumbles as she gets weak in her knees.

 He kisses her neck from behind. “Very sure!” He says as he takes her mind off of the suspected pregnancy.

Stay tuned! - Chasity