Architect

"Raise the values. Ten-fold."

"But sir! We have to do this gradually! That could kill him!"

"As if it wasn't already inevitable. He's already defective, we may as well get all we can out of him."

"Sir! What are you saying!?"

"I'm saying he's already a failure. If this doesn't work, and I do have expectations for it not to, we still have enough source material before Francois tried to pull the plug to start anew. Make another one. Hell, more. All we have to do is master it, and he is our perfect stepping stone."

"But.....That isn't right...."

"Hm? What on earth do you mean?"

"We're already playing god....Now we waste it all killing what doesn't give us the results we want? Greta stopped this for a reason, sir. She recognized that the original test subject was alive. Nothing but a boy. We FORCED him to be what he was. He had a mother, he was BORN, and he would have have a normal life if it wasn't for this firm. Now we're just....doing it again? What right do have?"

"With all due respect, Ms. Keane...."

He rose his hand. 

"Do it."

"NO!"

Before she could utter another word, the tank in which the defect sat began to spark, bubbling and boiling as the pale, frail body began to float, eyes closed and utterly motionless.

"Stable, sir!"

A nod.

"Good. Up the values."

"Please sir, don't!"

The tank began to haze over, shrouded in energy as the body that floated within began to become harder to see.

"Vitals?"

"Acceptable, sir. Performing remote stabilization."

"You can't just accept this!"

"Remote stabilization complete."

"Continue."

The tank continued to haze, sparking and fizzing within, sparking. 

"Stabilizers quickly failing, sir."

"No, this is the farthest we've ever gotten. Increase values and maximize pressure."

"What!? But sir....That's....You'll kill us! You'll kill him!"

"She's right sir. This could be very risky."

"A risk well-taken. Do it."

With that, it became almost impossible to see clearly, the tank sparking manically, the body inside beginning to spasm and convulse.

"Project Mason is bouncing around like a pinball in there, sir! What now?"

"Keep going, that's what. He'll stabilize when we finish this. Maximize values, break pressure limits." 

Ms. Keane's eyes could only widen.

"Sir, that's insane!"

"We're going to have to agree with Keane on this one, doc. Are you sure? We don't think-"

"Are you challenging me? Do it."

"But sir-"

"What did I say? Are your orders from Keane or me?"

"...Maximizing values. Commencing pressure override."

With that, the tank began to crack before long, fizzing and popping out of control as the tank flooded over, boiling and bubbling with renewed ferocity, pure electricity and energy threatening to spill out into the room. But the most startling of the sights was the body:It was the center of the flow. It was absorbing it, using it, and...wielding to it.