Chapter 5

I walk out of costa and see my train. I walk over to it and find a seat.  I pull my laptop out of my bag and place it on the table in front of me.  I put my headphones into to laptop and find my favourite song on YouTube.  Ageing Superhero.  I press auto play so it will just keep playing songs.  I'm just about to fall asleep when I hear a band I've never heard before.  Roadtrip.  I listen to their cover of Year 3000, another of my favourite songs.  There was something about the blonde boy that's playing the guitar that I almost remembered.  His eyes looked so familiar.  I didn't know where from though.  I watch a few of their vlogs and soon realise he is called Andy.  The other blonde one was Brooklyn.  The newest member was Irish and his name is Jack.  The one with dark brown curly hair and a lot of piercings is Mikey and the other brown haired boy is Rye.  I watch a few more of their vlogs and realise they live in London.  Andy was from Manchester, like me! Mikey was from Bristol, Brooklyn from Essex, Jack from Ireland of course and Rye was from Glastonbury.  I clicked on their original music video which was called don't hurt yourself.  It was about receiving letters from fans that self-harmed and weren't in the best frame of mind.  I was trying to not cry as it was such a powerful song.  I then felt a tear roll down my face and I quickly wipe it away before anyone could see.  I carried on listening to more of their originals starting with No No No, my favourite song of theirs is probably either I wasn't worried or don't hurt yourself.  They are both really well written songs.  I search up who writes the songs for Roadtrip, it was Andy.  I need to remember how I know him but I can't think.  Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder.  He looked so much like Andy, I quickly shut my laptop and take my ear phones out my ear. 

K= Kenzie
A= Andy

A- um hey, is this seat across from you taken?
K- nope
A- lovely, thanks

He sits down in front of me at the other side of the table.

A- so, what's your name?
K- Kenzie, and yours?
A- I'm Andy, Andy Fowler
K- are you in a band by any chance?
A- yes I am!  Roadtrip, are you a roadie?
K- a what?
A- a roadie? One of our fans!
K- um I dunno, I only just found you out.  I was listening to my favourite song and then your band came on.  I thought I recognised you
A- aw nice! Have we met before? You seem familiar
K- I was thinking that too, I can't remember though.
A- well anyway, I write original songs too, I write the songs for the band with our manager Blair.
K- that's cool! What's your favourite song you've wrote,  not for the band?
A- probably a song called The End.  It based on a girl I met when I was 13
K- tell me more?
A- well we met when she had just turned 13 at this campsite in Manchester, she had been going through some bad times, I told her I'd go to the en...
K- OMG! I remember!
A- remember what?
K- you! I'm Kenzie! You told me you'd go to the end and back again for me!
A- wait what?
K- I knew I remember those eyes!
A- I'm sorry about not meeting you by the river Kenz, I really am.
K- it's fine, but why?
A- i didn't want to hurt you, i didn't have any proper friends and I was the loner at school, I didn't want to upset you.
K- you could've never upset me.
A- hows your mum? did your dad get locked up?
K- you remembered?
A- of course I did Kenzie, I made a promise to myself I wouldn't ever forget you and I would travel to the end and back again to find you.

That was when i started crying.  I have thought about Andy every day since I was 13, I'm now 22 nearly 23.  I tell him everything about why I am on the train to London, everything about my Mum becoming ill and about my dad being locked up.  He said I could stay at his flat for a while with him and the boys, he also said he would take me to Westfield to get some clothes.  Westfield is a big shopping centre in London with loads and loads of shops in it.  I thank him and he stands up and walks around the table and comes and sits next to me.  I still like him.