Chapter 38

As I finish my last song, I say thank you to the crowd for being so amazing and then I run off stage.  I say to the boys 'good luck boys, your gonna do amazing' and then they run on.  As they are finishing Tokyo Hotel I get a text so I look at my phone and see that an unknown number has messaged me.

Unknown number- hey sis, can't wait to see you soon, T x
You- Kyle? Why are you signing off with a T? And you never sign off texts what's up? x
Unknown number- I'm Tom silly, Tom Beaumont x
*changed name to 'Tom'
You- Rye's brother?
Tom- I can't wait to see you soon.  Be ready sis.... x
You- what?

I throw my phone across the room and sit there, until I burst into tears.  The boys are on stage so I can't really go and tell them. 

About an hour later they come and I am still curled up in a ball, shaking and crying.  Andy runs over to me and pulls me into a hug and I reluctantly hug him back.  They all ask what's wrong so I tell Rye to check my phone and look at my recent texts.  When he reads it he drops my phone and runs out the room.  The others picked up the phone and read the texts.  'I'll go talk to Rye!' Brook says and then walks out the room to find Rye.

A- oh my god Kenz!
M- are you alright?
J- we need to speak to Rye.
K- I have so many questions, is Rye my brother? Does Rye know about Tom? Who is Tom?
M- just give him time, he will come back in and we can ask him them.
K- thank you all for being so supportive

I hug Andy again and he kisses the top of my head and then I go over to Mikey and Jack and pull them into a joint hug and say thank you to them.  It's now time for meet and greet so we all decide to pretend nothing has happened.  We do are usual routine of meeting everyone and taking photos then we made our way backstage again.  This time, Rye comes into the room with us.

R- I'm sorry for running off earlier guys.
A- it's fine, we just want some answers if that's okay?
R- yeah I guess so.  Ask away.
K- who's Tom?
R- he's my brother.  He got put into care at a young age, he's younger then me and Robbie, the same age as Kenz, it's just when he was born, my mum got ill so couldn't look after him.  About 5 years ago I came home from wherever I was and he was there.  Ever since, we have talked.
M- okay, so why is he saying he's Kenzie's Brother?
R-um...
J- Rye just say it!
R- I... erm... i
A- Rye!
R- um... Kenzie? I think I should tell you this in private.
K- no, you might aswell say it here.
R- well... um... he's your twin.
M- what!
A- what!
K- Rye? Are you being serious?
R- yeah

I get up and run out the room.  I can't believe Rye.  I've known him for over 2 years now and he doesn't bother telling me?  I can hear him and Andy following me, trying to keep up but I carry on running and running until I start to become short of breath.  I don't know where I'm going but I need to be somewhere other then here.  I push open the fire doors and run out onto the street and carry on running. 

The next thing I can see is darkness, everywhere...