Chapter 20

6 months later...

I am wake up to Brook and Rye singing This is me from the greatest showman at the top of their voices. Since we moved house me and Andy share a room, Rye and Harvey share and Mikey, Brooklyn and Jack share. Andy must already be awake because he isn't in our room. I get out of bed, put some black skinny jeans and a t-shirt on and put my hair up and then I go into the living room. Andy and Harvey are making breakfast, Mikey and Jack must still be asleep and Brooklyn and Rye and still dancing and singing. I say good morning to everyone and go sit down on the sofa. Andy comes over and kisses me on the forehead then he gives me my breakfast, some pancakes that look very burnt. I eat them all though and then I go into Mikey's room and wake him up because he says he will take me to the hospital for my check up. It takes a few minutes to wake him up but then I leave him to get ready and in 5 minutes he opens the door ready. We go and say bye to everyone 'Kenz, are you sure you don't want me to come with you?' Andy asks 'Andy, don't worry it's fine, I love you' 'love you too kenz'

I go and put some trainers on and then me and Mikey walk downstairs and go to the car. Mikey offered to drive so I got in the passenger side and waited for Mikey to get in.

M- so Kenz, how are you feeling?
K- a bit nervous, when I found out I had cancer, they said it might be gone within 6 months
M- how long has it been?
K- 6 months
M- what if it is gone!!
K- I'm gonna be so happy
M- I think we all are, no matter what happens tho Kenz I love you yeah?
K- i love you too
M- let's put some tunes on!

Mikey plugs his phone into the AUX cable and tells me to put his 'tunesss;)' playlist on. We end up singing all the way to the hospital. When we reach the hospital I get out the car and me and Mikey walk towards the hospital and then we go in. I checked in and then we had to wait for a while. After about 20 minutes of waiting my name finally got called out. 'McKenzie Lewis in room 6 please' me and Mikey both get up and walk to room 6. I sit down on the chair nearest to the doctors desk and Mikey sits next to me.

Doctor- so McKenzie, I have your results.

I grip onto Mikey's hand so hard that it could probably break any minutes now, but instead of trying to loosen my grip he holds my hand firmly.

K- what are they?
D- I can confirm that you are cancer free!
M- omg, really?!
D- yes!
K- thank you so much! Honestly, I can't believe it!
D- don't thank me, you've stay so strong through all of this
M- you really have Kenz!
K- Mikey, can we go home to tell the others?
M- yeah sure, thank you so much!
D- my pleasure, I'll make sure you get a letter when your next appointment is.
K- thank you, bye!

Me and Mikey run to the car and he goes as fast as he can all the way home without breaking the speed limit. We get back to the flat and run up the stairs. We get to the flat and realise that none of us have a key. We keep knocking on the door as loud as we can until finally Andy answers the door. I run up to him and hug him for what seemed liked forever. By the time I pulled away the other boys were there waiting for what I had to say.

R- so, how did it go?
K- well...
B- tell us!
M- yeah Kenzie! Tell us, tell us!
J- Mikey, shut up!
A- come on babe, what did they say?
K- I'm
B- your what!
K- BROOK! Shut up and let me talk!
B- sorry
K- I'm cancer free guys!

——————————a/n——————————
Soooo I met the boys today! (10/3/18 Sheffield show) They were all so lovely and I miss them already😕I'll leave some photos x

——————————a/n——————————Soooo I met the boys today! (10/3/18 Sheffield show) They were all so lovely and I miss them already😕I'll leave some photos x