chapter 1; lucky's luck

Lucky revved his bike as it roared down the road, alongside his brothers

Lucky revved his bike as it roared down the road, alongside his brothers. He loved nothing more than the wind in his hair, the sound of it hitting against his leather jacket. He glanced to his side to see his best friend, Panther on his left, and his other friend, Cain on his right. He grinned to himself as Cain revved his bike challengingly. He could hear Panther laugh as he revved his bike in return, and Lucky joined in.

The three men shared a look, before speeding their bikes out of the crowd of fellow bikers as they began to race around the empty roads. It was late, and they knew they would receive complaints for noise from houses they drove by, but they didn't care.

Lucky laughed as Cain fell behind, him and Panther racing to the entrance of the clubhouse. The gate was only opened slightly, so one bike could fit through. It wasn't a competition of speed anymore, but a competition of courage, and it was risky.

Neither biker slowed down as they approached the gate quickly, the prospects at the gate looking at each other nervously. Panther looked from the gate to Lucky, before swearing and pulling back. Lucky laughed as he flew through the small gap in the gate, his jacket missing it by a hair.

The bikers clapped as Lucky pulled up to the clubhouse, laughing at the man. "You're fucking crazy," Omen, the Vice President laughed, and only laughed harder as he was Panther's scowling face, "and you're crazier!"

"Well one of us had to stop! I wasn't going to fit, and this freak wasn't stopping," he shoved Lucky once he was off his bike, which ensued a wrestling match. "That's why we call you Lucky. Cause you're damn lucky you're still alive!"

Cain rolled his eyes once he pulled his bike up beside the others, "prospects! Bikes in the garage. And not one damn scratch."

"Got it," the two boys nodded, as two more began to walk over to them, helping the other two move the hoard of bikes.

"Dude, your cut!" Omen groaned as he pointed to the sleeve of Lucky's leather cut. He stopped wrestling with Panther to look at his arm, to see a cut in his leather sleeve. Lucky for Lucky, his skin wasn't cut.

"Huh. I must of got it caught in the gate once I rode by," Lucky shrugged as Panther walked away after helping him up from the ground. "I'm not fixing it. You'll have to grab a needle and string, patch that shit up," Omen shrugged, walking into and towards the clubhouse as Lucky swore, looking at the hole in his cut as he headed towards the clubhouse.

-/-

little intro to the book and some of the characters ;)