chapter 21; wassup girl

"Church

"Church. 10 minutes," Phantom called out, and then men began to talk among each other.

"What's Church?" Isabella asked Lucky, but he frowned as he stood up and walked over to Phantom.

"Church is just a meeting of the club to talk about shit," Panther answered her, and she looked over to him, "it's nothing special, we just meet up and talk. Nothing to worry about."

He smiled at her, but she could see his smile didn't reach his eyes. Meanwhile, Lucky was arguing with Phantom.

"She's part of the club too," Lucky frowned, "why the hell shouldn't she be part of Church?"

"Because, it's only men. It's always been that way," Phantom snapped, clearly exasperated, "and she's not part of the club, she's with you, not with us."

"But you said-" Lucky complained, and Phantom stopped walking to shove him back, "I said that to make you stop freaking out. I didn't think you'd be stupid enough to actually go after her."

"What the hell's your problem?" Lucky growled, "you're way outta line."

"I don't know if you've noticed, but all this shit," Phantom pointed to the men all yelling and clearly freaking out about the Gonzalez problem, "all started when you started seeing her."

"Are you fucking serious?" Lucky laughed, "you've got to be kidding! You think she's doing this?"

"I think she has something do to with this. Whether she knows it if not," Phantom grumbled, walking away and into the room where they had church.

Lucky gritted his teeth, heading back into the room where Isabella was. She noticed not annoyed he looked, "Are you okay?"

"Fine," he sighed, and Panther eyed him, "y'know what, I'll skip church and keep Queenie company. You go ahead without me."

Lucky nodded his thanks, heading into Church as Panther helped Isabella stand, dragging her into the kitchen, "c'mon. I'm hungry."

"Don't you wreck my kitchen!" Katar yelled at Panther as he laughed wickedly, "and how will you stop me?"

"I'll make sure he behaves, Katar," Isabella smiled, and Katar winked at her, "thanks honey."

Panther groaned as Isabella laughed, both of them walking into the kitchen as Panther began to make sandwiches, "so... wassup girl?"

"Don't try to distract me from what's happening," Isabella rolled her eyes and Panther hung his head, "Lucky told you not to tell me anything, didn't he?"

"He just doesn't want to involve you. I know that sounds bad, but it's to keep you safe," Panther defended his brother, sighing, "and I get it. This club, the stuff we do... it gets dangerous, Queenie."

She sighed as Panther handed her and sandwich, taking a bite out of it, "I know that. He told me all about the club. But he doesn't need to worry about me so much."

Panther chuckled as he ate his own sandwich, "Lucky does that a lot. Worry, I mean."

"Yeah," she sighed, before groaning, "Damn, this is a good sandwich."

Panther threw his head back as he laughed, and Isabella smiled, laughing along with him.

-/-
vote and comment!