chapter 39; big f-ing dysfunctional family

Isabella watched Lucky as he slept, smiling and rolling her eyes as he snores in his sleep

Isabella watched Lucky as he slept, smiling and rolling her eyes as he snores in his sleep. She knew he was a light sleeper, so any movements she made could wake him, which is why it took her 20 minutes to move out of the bed without waking him. She then put on some clothes, shoes and grabbed her coat, leaving the room quietly.

The clubhouse was quiet, despite it nearly being noon. After their victory over Gonzalez, the entire club went on a bender, partying and drinking anything they could. This continued for a few days, and obviously, was still ongoing. Phantom and Omen were in the lounge, nodding to Isabella in acknowledgement as she headed to the front door, "where are you off to?"

"I'm gonna go for a walk," Isabella replied, glancing back as Phantom stood and strode over to her, opening the door, "I'll come with."

Raising a brow, Isabella eyed him before nodding reluctantly. She trusted Phantom, that was obvious, but she didn't think they would be friends. Maybe she was wrong. Or, maybe he was planning to murder her and dispose of her body. He was unpredictable.

"My real name is Andrew Cortez," Phantom stuffed his hands in his jacket pockets as they walked. Isabella didn't respond, staying quiet as he continued to speak, "my dad used to be Prez of this club, and when he died, it was all on me."

Isabella looked up at him, "why are you telling me this?"

"Be patient, my god, I've barely begun," Phantom rolled his eyes, huffing as they continued to walk, "I know every guy in the club, and not a lot of them have found their woman yet. Understandable. But you and Lucky, that shit– that love is real."

She nodded along, confused to where he was taking the conversation. Phantom sighed, running his hand through his hair, "listen, loving a Ghost Rider, it isn't easy. We're all pretty rough and tough, and while we try to stay out of trouble, shit like Gonzalez..." she shuddered at the name, which he noticed, but didn't mention, "it can happen. What I'm trying to say is, you're safe with us. We're one big fucking dysfunctional family, and we'd kill to keep each other safe. You're part of that family now."

Isabella nodded, smiling slightly, "thank you. It means a lot, especially coming from you."

He shrugged, looking around their town as they walked, "I could see you were struggling with everything, and I just wanted to reassure you that it's all okay."

She took a deep breath, trying to keep her voice steady as she spoke, "it's not okay. It's so far from okay."

Phantom frowned, halting on the spot and grabbing her arm gently, "Hey. What's up?"

She looked up at him, and knowing she had nothing to lose, she spoke the words she didn't know how to say.

"I'm pregnant."

-/-
i'm trying so hard to write more but I just seem to have like a constant writers block :(

also... enjoy the plot twist... ;)