chapter 12; mr and mrs perkins

Victoria walked into the diner the next day, with Isabella by her side

Victoria walked into the diner the next day, with Isabella by her side. Panther's eyes widened when he saw them hitting Lucky's shoulder till he paid attention. He stood up once he saw them and began to walk over to the table, but stopped once their mother stood between them.

"I thought I told you to stay away," she said with a smile, but Lucky could see how angry she was.

"I just wanted to say hello," he raised his hands in self defence. She chuckled, "well, there's no need for that. You two aren't dating, aren't friends, you are not so much as acquaintances."

When Lucky looked over her shoulder to look at Isabella, his fists clenched in anger as she saw her looking down at the table with tears in her eyes, "Mrs Perkins, listen to me when-"

"Come on dear, let's sit down, I'm starving," Isabella's father ushered her mother into her seat, ignorant to who she was talking to. Lucky clenched his jaw and stormed back to his table with his friends, sitting down again.

"What a bitch," Panther said, raising a grumble of a agreement from the men. Through out the time they were there, Lucky's eyes didn't leave Isabella, while she did everything not to look at him.

When they were getting up to leave, Lucky quickly stood up too, walking over to try and speak to either Isabella or her mother. Unfortunately, Mrs Perkins rushed Isabella and Victoria outside, and Mr Perkins stopped Lucky before he could go any further, "Lucky, is it?"

"Yes sir," Lucky spat out through his anger, and Mr Perkins sighed, "I understand that my wife can be a bit controlling of my daughter at times, but it is in her best interests. And believe me when I say it's in your best interests for you to leave my daughter alone."

Lucky glared at the man who only fixed his suit jacket and cleared his throat, "think about it son. A woman like her, and a man like you... you two would never work out."

"In all respect, sir, I think Bella and I should be able to experience and figure that out for ourselves," Lucky spoke through gritted teeth. His anger only raised more when Mr Perkins chortled, "You two would never last. My daughter is too smart to fall for some low life biker with no future, believe me."

"You talkin' shit, mister?" Panther spoke out as the rest of the bikers at the table followed him, "cause people who talk shit about me and my brothers tend to end up in hospital."

"Is that a threat? Do you know who I am?" Mr Perkins laughed, as if this was genuinely funny. "I know you're the asshole stopping my brother from being with his woman. So here's a piece of advice: there's two of you, and a shit ton of us bikers. Maybe let your daughter make her own fuckin' choices and live her own life, ass hat," Panther grunted, "and get the hell out of this diner, or the next time you leave will be in an ambulance."

Mr Perkins' face flushed as he quickly left the diner, the rest of the brothers laughing and patting Panther's back. "Didn't know you had that in you," Lucky chuckled, and Panther shoved him, "you ever talk about this again, you'll be the one in the ambulance."

-/-
vote and comment!