chapter 13; three days

Isabella lifted her head once she heard a knock on her door and sat her book down beside her

Isabella lifted her head once she heard a knock on her door and sat her book down beside her. Victoria walked in and shut the door behind her, walking over and sitting down on the bed beside her.

"You're sure you've definitely lost your phone?" Victoria questioned, and Isabella sighed, "yeah. I've searched everywhere Vic, it's gone."

Victoria began to smile, "and do you happen to know what Lucky's number is?"

"Yeah, I wrote it down a while ago," Isabella frowned as she looked at her sister, "what's going on?"

"I got you a burner phone. So you can call your boy toy whenever you want. Mom doesn't pay for it, so you don't have to worry about her finding out," Victoria handed Isabella an old flip phone. Isabella hugged her sister close as she laughed, "Vicky, you're amazing."

"I know," Victoria grinned, climbing off the bed and heading towards the door, "I'm just gonna go back to my room, give you lovers some space."

Isabella threw a pillow at her as she laughed, leaving the room quickly. Isabella grinned as she typed in Lucky's number into the phone.

"Hello?" Lucky's gruff voice made Isabella's smile only widen.

"Hey handsome," she grinned, and Lucky nearly dropped his phone in surprise, "Bella?"

"The one and only," Isabella giggled in giddiness, and Lucky chuckled, "how are you calling me right now? I thought you-?"

"I lost my phone. But I have a sneaking suspicion my mom might have taken it," she smiled as she rolled onto her stomach as Lucky spoke again, "but then how are you-?"

"Vicky got me a burner phone," Isabella laughed as he spluttered in surprise, "stop reading my goddamn mind, pretty girl."

"How do you know I'm pretty? You haven't seen me in days," she tucked her hair behind her ear as Lucky scoffed, "I don't need to see you to know that you look pretty. Cause I know you are."

"You flatter me," Isabella blushed as Lucky chuckled, "you're a woman that deserves to be flattered."

"When can I see you again, Queenie?" Lucky insisted, and Isabella's smile felt so wide it would break her face, "soon, I hope."

"Soon isn't soon enough. Just... leave that goddamn house, run away with me," Lucky grunted, clearly beginning to get angry, "screw your parents, screw what they think."

"I can't just... get up and leave," Isabella sighed, sitting up on the bed, "I mean, what about Vicky? And my college tuition, they're the ones paying for that. And my job."

"Goddamn it, woman, take Vicky with you. And forget about the money, get a loan– I'll pay for your tuition. And I'll get you a new job."

"You– you can't–" Isabella spluttered, and Lucky growled, "I can, and I will. If that means physically removing you from that goddamn house myself, I will."

"You can't," she hissed quietly, glancing at her door nervously, "listen, I'm going to leave. Soon. I can find a different job, yeah, and I'll go back to university next year. I'll get a loan. But I can't just leave right now, I need time to get my stuff together."

"I'll give you three days. Three days, and then I come to that house alone. If I don't get to talk to you face to face, I will show up with the whole fucking club behind me and I will kick down that door and throw you over my shoulder. Am I clear?" Lucky stated firmly, and Isabella scoffed, "my mother won't let you do-"

"Am I clear?" He asked more forcefully, and she sighed, "Yes."

"Good. I'll see you in three days."

-/-

vote and comment!