chapter 8; the Gonzalez family

"What've we got here?" Lucky frowned as he walked into a shed, which was near the clubhouse

"What've we got here?" Lucky frowned as he walked into a shed, which was near the clubhouse. In the dimly lit shed, he could see a man being held up by chains around his wrists attached to the roof, and a couple of his brothers standing around him.

"He's a low level drug dealer. A delivery boy. But apparently, he was paid by someone to stab and kill Omen," Phantom grunted through gritted teeth, "Omen is fine, just a small wound. This fucker, however, won't talk."

"We'll make him goddamn talk," Lucky glared at the man, who was already shaking in fear.

"Please! Please, I tell you! I know no one! I know I have to kill the man and return back, I don't know why!" The man spoke out with a thick accent.

"Spanish?" Panther consulted Thor, who shrugged, "must be from across the boarder. Mexican. Fucking drug cartels."

"Who sent you?" Phantom glared at the man, his arms crossed. The man shook his head frantically, "don't know. I work for someone who works for someone else who works for someone else..."

"He's probably telling the truth," Thor grunted, "they never tell errand boys anything, in case they get caught and spill the beans."

"Damn," Phantom sighed, shaking his head, "that's too bad. I was gonna enjoy torturing this one. Guess a quick death will have to do."

Lucky sighed as all the brothers but one left, and a gunshot was heard as they headed back into the clubhouse, where they found their Doctor stitching up Omen's wound. He groaned as the doctor rolled his eyes, "it's not that deep, son."

"Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like a bitch," Omen grunted, looking over at the men as they walked in, "anything?"

"Just an errand boy. No information on him, but we'll send his head back as a message. Don't fuck with the Ghost Riders," Lucky grinned as the rest of the men chuckled. Omen smirked, "damn Lucky, finally growing a pair. I thought he was still whipped?" He directed his question to Panther, who snorted, "he is."

They all laughed as Panther and Lucky began to shove each other, but quickly stopped as Fury came running into the clubhouse, "where is he?"

"Where is who?" Phantom frowned at Fury's urgent look, "the boy! The one who tried to cut up Omen, where is he?"

"Dead," Panther shook his head while frowning, "why do you ask?"

"Shit," Fury's body slumped in disappointment, "we needed him. We needed him bad."

"Why? He didn't know anything," Thor frowned, and Fury groaned, "that's not the point. Did any of you know who he worked for? I mean, who was at the top of the ranks?"

They all shook their head, and Fury sighed, "it was the Gonzalez Family. You know, the ones who sell narcotics? The literal biggest drug ring in the USA?"

"Shit," Phantom swore, "What does that mean? Why did they send someone for Omen?"

"Does it matter? We're all screwed. We all have big fucking targets on our backs now, for whatever reason," Omen groaned from the sofa, "we're all so fucked."

-/-

vote and comment!