chapter 37; hold on

Lucky watched, as one by one, the guards patrolling the perimeter of the warehouse were picked off one by one

Lucky watched, as one by one, the guards patrolling the perimeter of the warehouse were picked off one by one. Panther impressed everyone by living up to his nickname, being as swift and sly as a panther. One they boarder guards were disposed off, they men met up again to discuss strategy.

"What do we do know? We can't pick off the workers one by one, they'll know we're here," Roadkill hissed, and Phantom nodded, "I know. So we're just gonna barge in guns blazing. Katar and Panther will get Isabella out quick."

The men nodded, moving to surround the warehouse. They waited till Phantom gave them the nod, as they all burst into the warehouse. Gonzalez's men tried to reach for their guns, but the Ghost Riders were quicker, killing most of the men on sight.

Lucky watched Katar and Panther rush upstairs, before going to shoot the remaining Gonzalez men.

"Everyone stop or I shoot the girl!" Gonzalez's voice echoed through the warehouse as the gunfire quickly stopped. All eyes went to the balcony they had no railing, that Isabella was on the edge of. The only thing that was stopping her from falling, was Gonzalez's grip on her arm.

"You really think I would leave myself unprotected in my own office?" Gonzalez chuckled, watching as his cronies kicked the now unconscious Katar and Panther. Lucky couldn't move his eyes away from Isabella.

Phantom glanced to Lucky, before to Gonzalez, "just let her go. She has nothing to do with this. This is between us."

"Oh, she has everything to do with this!" Gonzalez yelled, glaring down at the men. He didn't notice Lucky slowly move underneath the balcony, making eye contact with Isabella.

"I was going to wait a while, but what's the point? I'll kill my niece right now, just to prove a point that I am not a man you can just anger and walk away alive!"

Gonzalez lifted his gun to press against the back of Isabella's head, but she did something no one expected. She turned around and shoved Gonzalez off of her, letting out a scream as she fell off the balcony and towards the concrete floor.

She grunted softly as she landed on Lucky, who wrapped his arms around her instantly and moved to she was cocooned under him as the shooting began again. All she could do was wrap her arms around Lucky and hold on for dear life.

-/-
vote and comment!