chapter 25; protecting the club

Panther winced as he heard another smashing noise from upstairs, and Thor shook his head, "it's been two weeks

Panther winced as he heard another smashing noise from upstairs, and Thor shook his head, "it's been two weeks. Is he still upset?"

"He loves her, and she left. Of course he is," Panther glared at him, jumping in surprise once another bang echoed through the house.

"Why did she even leave?" Thor sighed, grabbing two beers from the fridge and handed one to Panther. Panther looked around to make sure no one was listening in, "Prez thought she had something to do with the attacks. Lucky told her, so she left."

"What the fuck?" Thor frowned, "Why?"

"Beats me," Panther shrugged, neither men knowing that Phantom was listening in, "But maybe he was right. The attacks have stopped since she left. But I don't think she was a part of the attacks. I just think they had something to do with her, y'know?"

"Yeah," Thor nodded, taking a sip of his beer before jumping at another thump from upstairs, "Lucky! Stop throwing shit around, for fuck's sake!"

Panther groaned as Lucky stormed downstairs, glaring at the two men, "shut the fuck up."

"Fuck, she really fucked you up," Thor eyed Lucky. He had bags under his eyes and hadn't shaved in a few days, "have you taken a shower since she left?"

Lucky just raised his middle finger and Panther sighed, "hasn't she been in contact?"

"She's texting me every couple of days so I know she's okay. But you don't get it. Her leaving that house was the best thing she ever did, and she went back to protect this club," Lucky kicked a sofa, and Panther jumped, "man, you gotta stop doing that."

"What do you mean? Protecting the club?" Thor leaned forward in his seat as Lucky sat across from them.

"What I tell you now does not leave this room, clear?" Lucky asked, and both men nodded as he leaned forward, "Gonzalez was her mother's maiden name. Now that could be a coincidence, but I doubt it. That's why she left. That's why the attacks stopped."

"And you didn't think of telling me?" Phantom glared as he walked into the sight of the men. Lucky glared back, "Because is over. It's finished. The Gonzalez will leave us alone. Because of her, your ass is safe and sound!"

"Don't test me, Lucky," Phantom growled, "it's because of her that all these attacks started."

"And it's because of her that they finished! But who cares that I love her and I can't see her anymore, right?" Lucky yelled, and Phantom took a threatening step forward, "if you want to be with her, leave the club. That's not my problem."

"Yes it is," Thor frowned as he stood up, "at least, I'm making it our problem. Lucky's woman didn't want this to happen. He deserves to be happy, and so does she."

"We'll help you get her back," Panther stood up as well, "we're brothers. Everyone- nearly everyone- is willing to help you, Luck."

Lucky smiled gratefully at his brothers, nodding slowly, "Okay. Let's go get my woman back."

-/-
vote and comment!