chapter 4; the first meeting

Saturday morning, Lucky walked in the diner, and there sat Bella in the corner booth, tapping away furiously at her computer, eating a fry from her plate every now and again

Lucky smiled as he watched her. Her hair had been pulled up into a tight bun, and she had glasses on. He put his hands into his pockets as he walked over at sat across her in the booth.

It took her a few seconds to process someone had dat down in front of her, and when she lifted her head, her eyes widened in shock and she pulled her glasses of her face as quickly as she could.

"You," she said, and Lucky smirked, "Yeah. Me."

"Didn't think I'd see you again," she smiled slightly, and he chuckled at how adorable she was, "Yeah, well, your sister made sure that wouldn't happen."

"Vicky," she groaned, shaking her head, "always trying to play Cupid."

"She's a scary one, your sister," Lucky said, and Bella laughed, "Yeah, she doesn't take no for an answer."

Lucky chuckled, and she smiled as she gazed at him in awe. "So, you got a name, pretty girl?" He leaned his forearms on the table, smiling as she blushed and pushed the loose hairs back from her face, "I'm Isabella. But Bella will do."

"Isabella," he tried out the name, a smile growing on his face, "pretty name for a pretty girl."

She only blushed more as she shook her head, "what about you? What's your name?"

"Lucky," he answered, smiling as she tilted her head to the side in confusion, "it's my road name. A kind of nickname. Real name's Michael."

"Lucky," she giggled at the name, "why is that your name?"

"Cause I'm very good at surviving. I got shot a lot, nearly died a lot, but I survived. So the boys call me Lucky."

Her eyes widened slightly as she nodded, and they both sat in a comfortable silence for a moment. Her confidence grew suddenly, "so. Did you come over here to introduce yourself, or are you actually going to ask me out?"

He looked at her in surprise, before throwing his head back and laughing, "you free Saturday?"

She nodded while smiling, and he picked up her phone from the table, typing her number into his own phone, "well, meet me outside this diner at 6, and wear somethin' pretty."

He stood up and leaned over, pecking her cheek before walking out of the diner. He only looked back once, chuckling as he saw her cheeks burning red again.

-/-

cuties (:

vote and comment!