iv

A melodious, dulcet tune dragged Yoongi from his sweet slumber, his throbbing head resting on something unbelievably soft that for a split moment, he thought it was an actual fluffy cloud from the skies above

A melodious, dulcet tune dragged Yoongi from his sweet slumber, his throbbing head resting on something unbelievably soft that for a split moment, he thought it was an actual fluffy cloud from the skies above. For a split moment he forgot everything, just letting himself relax into the lullaby, let the warmth and softness around him lull him back to sleep.

But then he remembered.

He remembered the rain, which could still distinctively be heard now his foggy mind had cleared up a little, and he remembered accepting a ride from his English teacher. Mr. Kim. The glasses case, and the pain in his neck which forcibly sent him to sleep.

He remembered his teacher referring to himself as Appa.

Yoongi let out a distressed noise from the back of his throat, yearning to sit up but he couldn't move. His limbs were like concrete, weighing him down onto what he presumed was a mattress, much softer and comfortable than his own one. The room was too dark to see anything, the lullaby doing nothing to help his confused and frightened state.

Squeezing his eyes shut tight, he wished and prayed to wake up on his own spiky and hard mattress with Dolly curled up next to him, both of their bellies full and content with delicious food. But when he opened his brown orbs, nothing changed. Yoongi blinked, eyes becoming blurry with tears, and he went to cry out when he realised something was stuffed into his mouth, preventing him from talking coherently.

Yoongi bit down, glad he could at least move his jaw, though with struggle. A rubbery, foreign object was resting upon his tongue, and when he tried to spit it out he found he couldn't, as it was strapped around his head tightly but comfortable enough to where he only just noticed the pressure it gave.

Still, he whined and cried through the gag, feeling his warm tears trail down his cheeks. He couldn't feel the scratchy material of his jeans or hoodie anymore, instead something smooth and gentle on his delicate skin.

Distant footsteps were heard, getting closer to his location. He began hyperventilating through his snotty nose, another heavy bundle of fear setting itself in Yoongi's chest. He felt as if he could throw up if his mouth was free (but then again, what was there to throw up?).

A door clicked, brightness flooding the room, and the sudden obtrusive light made Yoongi squint with another frightened cry. A silhouette staggered forward, strong arms curling under his armpits and hauling him up gently.

"Oh, oh, sweet boy, don't cry." Large hands cradled him, a warm breath fanning against his neck. "Daddy's here."

Yoongi couldn't struggle against the broad hold even if he wanted to. He couldn't move, his limbs practically putty, though if he concentrated hard enough he could twitch one of his fingers. Unfortunately he was too scared out of his wits to concentrate, not that a flick of his tiny finger could do some help, anyway.

He didn't listen to the soothing words of his kidnapper, sobbing freely to the best of his ability. The gag in his mouth made saliva dribble down his dimpled chin more easily, but he sniffled the mucus from his nose.