xxx

Yoongi knew he must've fallen asleep at some point

Yoongi knew he must've fallen asleep at some point. He remembered the car moving and Daddy singing softly, Bear tucked protectively under the car seat strap. The scenery outside was mostly grey buildings and roads but now it displayed vegetation and nature, shadowed due to the tinted glass. 

A pressure in his bladder indicated he'd need a diaper change soon. He hadn't completely gotten used to the feeling of not being able to hold it in himself. It always came out no matter how hard he clenched.

"Oh, baby's awake." Appa smiled. "Did you have a nice nap, little one?"

Yoongi fisted his eye tiredly, lips set into a natural pout. He shrugged.

Daddy glanced up to the mirror, offering the younger a gentle smile. "Are you hungry, sweetheart? Do you want some water?"

It only just registered how empty his tummy felt and how dry his mouth was so Yoongi nodded, licking his lips. "W-Water," he mumbled, throat scratchy, and out of habit and natural politeness, a soft "please" followed.

Both adults smiled in happiness.

"Okay. Let's pull over and take a quick break. I need a piss—"

Daddy gasped, effectively cutting his husband off. "Joon, do not talk like that in front of him."

Appa blushed sheepishly. "Sorry." He turned back to Yoongi, ready to apologise to the younger and gently tell him not to copy his bad choice of words, but was surprised to silence at the tiny grin on Yoongi's face.

The teacher smirked, cooing quietly. "Baby finds that funny, huh?"

An airy giggle tumbled from Yoongi's lips, so quiet and soft the sound would've been missed had one of the adults been talking.

Truthfully, it wasn't the word used that Yoongi found funny. He found it quite comedic when Appa was scolded by his own husband. The scene was so natural and friendly that it had caused that foreign feeling inside of Yoongi to open up like a flower in his head, spilling out happiness and contentment.

It worried Yoongi deeply. He didn't know what was happening when it did — just that he suddenly felt very light and fuzzy, calm and protected. The opposite of what he should be feeling when in his current situation.

Daddy smiled too, pulling over to the side of the empty road by some trees. The ground had quite a few fallen leaves, too, coloured brown and auburn. Autumn had to be here by now.

Yoongi missed the look both adults shared when they exited the vehicle, and very hesitantly, Daddy approached the younger while Appa grabbed the cooler from the trunk.

"Do you want to come to Daddy, Yoongi?" the writer asked softly, careful not to make any sudden movements. "Do you want Appa?"

Yoongi blinked at the man, grasped Bear, and timidly lifted his shoulders to be picked up. A mixed combination of relief and happiness crossed Daddy's face as he unstrapped Yoongi and hauled him out of the humid vehicle. Although the day was rather chilly, they were all sweating.