xxxvii

"That's okay

"That's okay. We brought the important necessities with us in the car. We'll manage for a couple of days."

Yoongi was genuinely surprised by the calmness in Daddy's voice, crumb covered lips parting. For the past week, he had noticed the slight waver in each syllable the man spoke. Felt the anxiety every coo and murmur held. Naturally, he was put off by it, became unnerved himself. Like everyone knew something he didn't. It was normal. Humans could sense when something was wrong with another by their vibe, even if they acted completely the same.

Although now the lingering feeling was no longer there. Like the stormy cloud that had given nothing but rain blossomed into a beautiful sunshine and rainbow, sparkling with hope and happiness. Daddy seemed normal. Blithe and content.

Yoongi didn't know what to feel by the sudden change. He allowed himself to be wary, rebuild up the wall the two men had successfully managed to knock down over time without his permission.

Appa hummed. "I know, hyung. It's just pisse—annoyed me." Yoongi blinked at the obvious word the man had failed to cover up.

"They're not offering a refund?" Jimin piped up, popping a blueberry in his mouth. It reminded Yoongi of his own breakfast, now considerably cooler yet it still held the same amount of deliciousness and flavour. He munched on it quietly as the adults spoke.

"Of course—"

"Then there's no need to worry," Daddy interrupted, cupping his husband's cheeks. "We've got the necessities, it's just for a few short days, and they've given us a refund. Let's not think about it anymore, Joonie."

Yoongi sucked on a chocolate chip silently. It was as if Appa and Daddy's personalities had switched overnight — usually it would be Daddy worrying about the movers delaying. Or the little things like that. Appa seemed normal this morning, though. Perhaps their energies had mirrored, positivity shining for the majority of the part.

A camera shuttle broke Yoongi from his eating and thoughts. With cheeks bulging like a chipmunk's and crumbs mixed with strawberry juice decorating his lips, he guessed he looked like quite a silly little fool. When he looked up in the direction of the noise, he was met with a grinning Jeongguk staring down at his phone cheekily.

Yoongi felt his cheeks turn as red as the strawberries as he swallowed down the food in his mouth.

"Let me see," Jimin gushed, rushing over to the other man. Jeongguk was still smiling gleefully as he showed the shorter the picture. Embarrassment flooded Yoongi when Jimin squealed, knuckles together as he bounced on the spot for a few seconds.

"Yoongi, you're so cute," he cooed. "We need this one printing out and framing. Don't you think so?" Jimin showed the phone to his kidnappers who grinned, Appa reaching out and tousling Yoongi's black hair.

"It is cute," Daddy agreed, but turned towards Yoongi. "Is that all right with you, darling?"

Of course it wasn't. While he felt quite happy at being called cute, he didn't want it printing out for anyone to see. But he didn't exactly have the confidence to disagree with Jeongguk and Jimin staring at him like that. So he nodded solemnly and gulped down his orange juice, frowning in distaste when he felt the pulp of the beverage attaching to his teeth.