xxvi

Two days passed

Two days passed. The mother of his kidnapper didn't return for those days, either. Yoongi's mind didn't ponder on that, though, after his time out punishment. He didn't dare throw his unused pacifier either. In fact he hadn't acted up at all and even responded (often non verbally) when he was asked a question.

Both caregivers noticed Yoongi's stiff behaviour and had attempted to ease him back into the less apprehensive boy he once was. Don't get them wrong, they were thrilled he was beginning to give answers instead of ignoring them or shutting himself down, but knowing it was simply out of fear made them both (especially the one that had been the one to cause it) more than guilty.

It was after Yoongi's morning bottle of water that Daddy (because Appa had work) decided to do something different.

"It's a lovely day for autumn, isn't it, sweetheart?" Daddy cooed, Yoongi attached to his hip. Not like he would know. The windows were quite high and the blinds were never lifted. "I think we should make the best out of it before it gets all windy, huh?"

Yoongi stared, his bear grasped in his arm, when he was settled onto the couch in his grey overalls with a picture of a fox on the front. Daddy slid his sock clad feet into cute blue cotton sandals he'd briefly worn before.

The next words were unexpected.

"Let's go outside and catch some sun, baby."

Yoongi's wide brown eyes became even wider, bursting with surprise and suspicion, wondering if his usually kind hearted kidnapper was tricking him, but no, that wasn't the case as he was lifted up with his bear and carried down the mysterious corridor where the staircase sat. It was grand and magnificent, and to the left side of it was a door much smaller than the front with burgundy designs and a silver handle with a distorted reflection of them both standing there.

"We don't have any outdoor toys for you to play with yet, darling, but we'll get some when you're feeling stronger, hm? Can you name anything you want?"

A sand pit was the first thing Yoongi though of, remembering the times he visited the playgrounds and couldn't play in it as it was usually filled with tiny toddlers and worrying parents. He was lucky if he ever managed to have some time on the swing without earning any strange looks from adults or other children that had no concept of age and must've thought he was also a grown up despite his size and youthful appearance.

But he kept quiet and shrugged, too eager to feel the sunlight on his face for the first time in weeks, feel the grass between his fingers and the wind blowing on his skin. Thinking about it too much made Yoongi squirmy and impatient, an unconscious whine escaping his lips, small fingers grabbing towards the door.

Daddy chuckled, having just slipped on some quick sandals himself. "All right, we're going, sweetheart. Little eager baby, aren't you?"

And then the door was opened.