xxiii

Yoongi didn't think it was humanely possible for him to be unstrapped from the highchair, carried across several feet of floor and to his crib within ten seconds, but it happened to be the case as Daddy cupped his confused, puffy cheeks

"It's okay, little one. Daddy will be right back," he reassured, kissing the younger's forehead before releasing his soft grip. He reached the door, smiling gently at Yoongi once more. "Be a good boy for Daddy."

And with that Yoongi was left alone in his nursery, flustered and confused.

One moment they were colouring at the dining table, the atmosphere peaceful. The existance of his cat had almost been revealed. And then sudden knocks on the door had sliced that scene in half.

Yoongi didn't know whether to be grateful or not. He'd never really planned on informing his kidnappers of Dolly. The main reason being if they simply ignored him like when they did the times he asked to be freed, another reason was if they did agree to find Dolly, Yoongi still wouldn't be free of his imprisonment and having to get himself and a cat out would be a lot harder.

Truthfully, the only reason he'd survived without Dolly for this long was because he often assured himself that his father had gone home and heard the feline crying. He'd opened the closet and Dolly would flee onto the streets, a nice family would take her in and once Yoongi escaped, he'd put flyers up and the family would kindly return Dolly to him.

That's what kept Yoongi going all these days, really, but lately that story was beginning to feel false and Yoongi was becoming more desperate to escape.

Even at this moment the thought of Dolly was torn from his mind when he remember why he was in his nursery. Someone had knocked on the door. But not just anyone.

It was his kidnapper's mother.

Yoongi didn't know what to think. He never thought his captors could have parents, and since they obviously did, were they just like their children?

He decided he'd rather not think about that. Sitting back in his crib, he felt something hard lodged underneath his thigh.

His pacifier.

No, not the gag — Yoongi hadn't seen that since they'd first removed it all those days ago — but a regular pacifier. A sunny yellow one with white polka dots. They'd given it to him the day after his first bath and they always made sure he had it, even though he never used it. It was strange how they worried about it constantly like he was asthmatic and it was his emergency inhaler. The same went with the brown cuddly bear which was probably still sitting idly on the dining room table with the colouring items. Yoongi had yet to give it a name, but since it went everywhere with him lately, he'd been thinking — giving it a name wouldn't cause any harm.

Minutes passed. Long boring minutes. Yoongi had tried reaching up to the top of the crib to haul himself on two feet although his bony arms were simply too short and frankly, if he had reached, he still didn't have enough strength to lift his feather-light body upwards.

So he waited and waited, and after what felt like hours, the nursery door creaked open and Daddy burst in looking rather flustered. Within seconds Yoongi was being coddled to the man's broad chest, apologies tumbling from his mouth.

"Daddy's sorry, sweetheart, he didn't mean to leave you alone for that long," he cooed, rocking Yoongi. "You were such a good boy waiting, though, weren't you? I think you deserve a little treat, baby."

The treat was sliced strawberries and Yoongi dug in the sweet fruit eagerly, ignoring the amused chuckle from his captor.

"You like your strawberries, hm? You eat them up, darling, you deserve them." Daddy stroked his head briefly and returned to preparing his own snack at the kitchen island.

Yoongi, strawberry stuffed into his cheek, noticed the colouring books, crayons and his brown bear were no longer on the dining table. In fact, it was completely clear.

Daddy strolled over, a dish of cheese and crackers in his hands. "What's the matter, baby? Did you go in your nappy?"

Yoongi shrieked when the man's hands came to roam in the back of his cotton overalls like they had done several times before. "N-No!"

"Okay, okay, Daddy believes you," Daddy whispered calmly, shushing the disturbed younger.

There were also several times before where Yoongi had gone in his diaper and kept quiet, one time resulting in an awful and painful rash that required ointment to be applied multiple times a day for three days.

"Tell Daddy what's wrong then, sweetheart," the man continued softly. He reached a hand out to feel Yoongi's forehead, his own creasing in worry. "You're not coming down with a nasty cold, are you, love?"

Yoongi shook his hand away. "Bear," he mumbled out, pouting with strawberry juice covered lips. His hands were equally as sticky. "W-Where is i-it? A-and Alice..."

Daddy's lips parted in surprise. "Oh," he mumbled out, standing up silently and strolling over to the kitchen counter top where the brown bear was retrieved. Daddy handed it over to Yoongi, the younger grasping it tightly. "Here's your bear, darling, but Alice is away with the other colouring books. We'll finish them later on, hm?"

Yoongi didn't have time to respond when he was lifted from his highchair which also didn't have its tray attached. It hadn't earlier when they were colouring, but it was propped against the stools and now it was nowhere to be seen.

"Messy baby. Let's clean you up."

It didn't take a genius to know that his kidnapper's mother had no idea of Yoongi, which gave a chance at escaping if she ever returned, or if someone else paid a visit.

And next time that happened, Yoongi wouldn't be such a good, quiet little boy.

_

idk how i feel about this chapter