xxi

When they entered the bathroom, Yoongi panicked

When they entered the bathroom, Yoongi panicked. He gave a plaintive cry and feebly thrust his painted palms against Appa's broad chest, attempting to wiggle from the firm hold. The man held on effortlessly, not disconcerted by Yoongi's weak pushes.

"Hey, calm down, little one," he whispered, rocking the distraught boy in his arms. "Appa's just going to clean the paint off, that's all, okay?"

Yoongi whimpered quietly and halted his protests, allowing himself to be placed in a high chair with no tray, clearly one not meant for eating. He watched with cautious eyes, relief flooding through him when his captor simply wet a warm blue cloth in the sink with foamy soap.

He wasn't getting a bath.

"Here we go, let's get you all clean." Appa's touches were gentle and soft as he wiped away the paint from Yoongi's pale arms, then once he was finished he dried him off and removed the dirtied apron.

"All done. That wasn't so bad, hm?" Appa cooed, pecking his forehead. "Good boy. Daddy should be done working now, how about we show him your picture?"

Yoongi didn't expect to get a choice in it. Clearly Daddy would see the painting whether he refused or not, so, he decided just to remain still and ignore the question.

When they left the room, Daddy was already stood by the dining table, admiring both of the paintings, but clearly laughing heartily at Yoongi's, cooing softly. He turned around when he heard the two enter and grinned.

"Did our little Yoongi paint this?" he asked enthusiastically, reaching out for the teenager. Yoongi huffed in surprise when he was suddenly engulfed in the man's warmth.

Appa chuckled. "Quite the little artist. I think this should be framed and hung up in the nursery."

"I've got the perfect frame," Daddy gushed, turning to Yoongi and cooing, kissing his flushing cheek lightly.

Yoongi didn't know why they were making such a big deal over a painting, he thought they were being a tad dramatic. But no one had ever complimented him so much and Yoongi found himself soaking in the praises, colours dusting with a rosy hue.

But as he stared at his painting, all the internal joy he had felt vanished, instantly replaced by something that only included broken emotions and despair, his whole world draining of colour until all that remained was grey and white, gloom and melancholia.

Although they must've mistaken the sudden expression of sorrow for tiredness.

"I think it's about time for a bottle and nap. Did all that creativity exhaust you, little one?"

Truth be told, it did, and Yoongi would rather be asleep than awake with all the bad feelings inside of him worsened. Being brave, Yoongi offered a timid nod. Immediately the adults faces brightened and they cooed over him, Daddy more than Appa.