xxix

Two open suitcases were placed in the middle of the nursery, duffel bags and other cases already filled and zipped up

Two open suitcases were placed in the middle of the nursery, duffel bags and other cases already filled and zipped up. The nursery looked bare and less homely, less comforting. Yoongi's drawings were no longer hung up and the shelves were ripped empty of items.

Although neither of his kidnappers had tried, Yoongi wasn't about to let Bear go and be stuffed into a suitcase.

The mere thought brought back memories to his dear kitten. He couldn't protect her, he can't protect himself, but he had a chance with Bear. Yoongi had promised to bring no harm to the stuffed animal.

It was the next day now and Yoongi was told they were setting off today as it was quite a long way there, and it was already after lunch. The aftermath of yesterday's events were damaging. Yoongi had completely unattached himself from Daddy, the main caregiver, after the lies he had told to his mother. Whenever he was touched by the man he acted as though he was stabbed, burned, wounded.

And truthfully, he was, in his heart.

"Do you want any other stuffies with you in the car, baby?" Appa asked, crouching down. The teenager had been placed on his beanbag as they flitted about the house packing essential items, although Yoongi didn't see how colouring books and soft toys counted as necessary.

Yoongi ignored the man and fidgeted with Bear's ear, biting the inside of his bottom lip.

Appa sighed and stood up, knees cracking in the process. "Drink your water, sugar," he instructed softly, tousling his black locks before walking to the shelving unit where Yoongi's nappies were stored.

Embarrassment flooded through his bones and Yoongi did drink his water to distract himself (trying to forget it was in a rose coloured sippy cup).

Daddy strolled back into the room, sleeves rolled up. "The bags are in the car. I've sorted out Yoongi's baby seat, too. I'm going to fix up some snacks," he listed off to his husband, fingers twisting nervously as he turned towards Yoongi.

"Do you have any requests, darling?"

Fruit popped up first. Yoongi wanted to taste the sweet juices of the berries, the softness of the sliced banana and the tanginess of the tangerine pieces. But he turned his head and remained nonchalant and silent.

Appa stepped up, his heart aching at the shear look of hurt on his lover's face. He leaned in for a kiss, quietly reassuring him.

"Yoongi likes those whole grain hoops, don't you, baby?" he asked. Yoongi thought back to the bland dry cereal, how it always managed to scratch his throat and get lodged between his teeth.

Daddy managed a chuckle. "I'm not so sure about that, Joon. Do you want your sliced fruit, Yoongi? Daddy can do that for you."

Very slowly, Yoongi nodded, timid and short. But he had responded to the man he had been ignoring since yesterday afternoon and both of the adults swooned inside.

"Okay, honey," Daddy murmured softly with a smile, exiting the room.

Yoongi suddenly became very emotional. The hurt from yesterday burst right back out of the bottle he had tried so hard to squeeze it in. One of the men that refused to let him go home, that made him wear diapers and treated him like an infant had showed him so much kindness, more than he had ever been given in the entirety of his short life, and a hurtful lie had ruined all positive feelings Yoongi held for him, but he couldn't help but have a certain want buried deep within himself.

The want to be held in those strong arms once more, feel the gentle touches and hear the soft voice of adoration.

"Have we got everything, Yoongi?" Appa snapped Yoongi from his reverie. The two open suitcases were now closed and bulging. "Your crib and table and going to be delivered tomorrow with a few other bags but we've got your drawings and colouring books with us in the car."

Just to be sure, Yoongi subtly looked around the room. Everything was bare. Well, except for one thing. His mobile was still hanging on the crib. Whether he liked it or not, it soothed him to sleep at moments he wished not to be awake.

But right now he didn't want to speak or make any effort to point, so he watched over Appa's shoulder at the tiny animals of his mobile disappear.

Daddy exited from the kitchen, the cotton bag in his hands. He smiled softly at the two and sighed, staring at the walls that still held photos and art decor.

"Are we ready?" Appa asked.

"Do you need another nappy change, love?" Daddy asked carefully, knowing how it was the most sensitive thing to talk to Yoongi about, even after all the weeks of it happening. The younger's cheeks blazed over darkly and he shook his head. "Okay. Let's set off."

Yoongi waited for the moment of the front doors to open, but they swayed right past them and down the hallway towards the back door. Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, Yoongi looked on as they turned a corner of the backyard, revealing cobblestone and more plants. They finally reached a rustic gate and as soon as it was opened, Yoongi found himself being shoved into a car seat gently and strapped in securely before he could blink.

Appa and Daddy clambered in the front seat too. Yoongi was in the middle and easily reachable to their hands.

"Are you comfy there, baby?" Appa asked, buckling himself in. Daddy was in the driver's seat, the vehicle's engine already growling quietly.

Yoongi just held onto Bear tighter. It wasn't the same car as the one he had been kidnapped in. It was larger, a van, with black tinted windows preventing anyone from seeing in. The seats weren't leather and instead a soft material. Overall, it was comfy. Yoongi's feet even dangled from the car seat, unable to reach the floor.

"There's only one service station on the route," Daddy murmured, concerned.

"And around 300 acres of trees. We'll stop a few times there. Yoongi can't be cramped up for a long time, can you, baby?" Appa directed the last part to Yoongi, his voice changing from his regular, honey smooth one to a cutesy high pitched one.

And then they set off driving to the mysterious house with people, far away from the town that Yoongi had grown up in, far away from the town that held Dolly.