viii

It wasn't the twinkling of the mobile that woke Yoongi up, nor the sliver of sunlight streaming through the baby blue curtains, or even someone coming in and hauling him out of the crib

It wasn't the twinkling of the mobile that woke Yoongi up, nor the sliver of sunlight streaming through the baby blue curtains, or even someone coming in and hauling him out of the crib. Instead, it was the painful gurgles in his stomach, sloshing inside of him uncomfortably and the noises they made were humiliating even with no one around him, though if they were loud enough he'd sure the baby monitor would pick them up.

He refrained from whining so his kidnappers wouldn't come but he nearly did when he felt the gag back inside his mouth, feeling even more tightly strapped. A soft blanket covered him from the waist down and he realised he must've been changed out of the footie onesie because his pale arms were bare and his legs were too.

The dumb brown cuddly bear was perched under his arm too, tickling him.

Staring up at the silently still mobile, the fabric animals swaying just the tiniest bit - though it was probably in the boy's mind - Yoongi thought back to the teary conversation yesterday, or probably last week. He couldn't keep track of time anymore.

They had said they wanted to make him happy. He was happy before, with Dolly and the books he indulged himself in and while he had some sad moments, that was absolutely normal to him. There's no way through life without a little dreariness and pain. If they thought making him happy was to tear him away from his beloved pet and make him immobile and infantile, it was the complete opposite to that. These people were clearly crazy, delusional.

If they wanted a baby, couldn't they just adopt one? They'd probably fail the assessment and interviews.

"Mmph!"

A sharp stabbing pain in the center of Yoongi's stomach made him cry out through the gag and instinctively want to reach over and rub the tender area.

He wasn't stupid. He knew what was eventually coming.

Bowel movement.

Wetting a nappy was a horrendous and humiliating experience on its own, but soiling one? That was a whole new level of traumatising and embarrassment. If he ever escaped, he'd never be able to go to the toilet or think of the subject without remembering the tragic time. Hopefully his kidnappers would be behind bars, or in a mental hospital where they'd never get him or some poor lost soul again.

The quiet footsteps from outside the door made Yoongi tense and break from his line of thoughts.

The door creaked open quietly, an unwanted face peeking through and smiling softly at the limp boy once he spotted he was awake and blinking wearily at him.

"Hey, sweetheart," Daddy said, stepping forward and peering over the large crib (definitely handmade, who would sell such a...weird thing? Didn't they know babies were tiny little wrinkly humans?) "How are you feeling today, hm?"

His voice wasn't the usual cheeriness and enthusiastic he had offered him yesterday, instead tired sounding and soft, breathy.

Almost creepily, Yoongi's stomach answered by squeezing painfully and gurgling, making the youth blush crazily and gulp when the reassuring smile turned into a concerning frown.