xxxiv

Saliva gathered rapidly inside Yoongi's mouth upon seeing the plethora of luxury dishes placed neatly on the long oak table

Saliva gathered rapidly inside Yoongi's mouth upon seeing the plethora of luxury dishes placed neatly on the long oak table. Despite there only being five of them, there were ten chairs and only four were needed as Yoongi was seated in his highchair between his two captors. Even with it being quite highly built, even with the the men seated he was still mere centimetres shorter and smaller with his scrawny teenage build.

"On any other day I'd have thought this amount of food ludicrous but after that long trip, I could eat a horse." Appa chuckled, eyeing the foods with large eyes. His tongue swiped over his plush bottom lip eagerly.

From the opposite side of the table, Jimin reached for a scooping of rice. "We know how long the journey is. We're hoping to move closer to Taehyung and Hoseok hyung before Christmas - or before winter if we can. It's simply too secluded out here to survive, figuratively, of course. It's beautiful in summer, though. Maybe we can some back next year? There's a pond just behind us where swans come and visit," he said.

"Really?" Daddy asked. He had been grabbing some foods for Yoongi who watched the man's movement closely. He'd gotten a serving of rice with some meat. Pork, beef, and lamb by the look of smells of them. As well as some green vegetables and eggs. They barely fit onto the tray but Yoongi was sure he'd leave the table tonight with an empty tray and full stomach. "Perhaps we should. That sounds lovely. You'd want to see the swans, wouldn't you, sweetheart?"

Yoongi would genuinely like to see swans. But not right now, not in this situation. He didn't even want to think about being with these people come next year. Next month was hard enough to comprehend, let alone a year.

Doing what he did best, Yoongi ignored the writer and stuffed his face with a spoonful of rice hungrily.

Silence engulfed the room for a few short seconds, just the noise of cutlery clinking and soft chewing before Daddy spoke up again.

"How's your track coming alone, Gukkie? And your filming, Jimin?" he asked. Yoongi silently munched on his rice. It wasn't the bland, rubbery kind that the school served. It was moist, light and absolutely mouthwatering.

Jeongguk swallowed his own food. "Doing great. Thanks for helping with the lyrics, Namjoon hyung. They're brilliant. You should just drop teaching all together and become a full timer composer. Kyungsoo hyung loves your work, he'll have a spot open for you whenever you want. In fact, I think he's actually quite desperate to get you on board," the younger man grinned, displaying a splash of innocent over his toned figure.

"Oh, and you'd be able to bend your work hours. Teaching is so demanding. You've already left that job back at Anpanman school, right, hyung?" Jimin piped up.

At the mention of his school name, Yoongi lifted his head and tuned into the conversation.

"As much as I love kids and teaching, that school was awful. The staff in particular. The whole town was, actually. We're glad to be out of there, aren't we, babe?" Appa said.