Chapter Twelve

The room was dark and plain. Across from me, I saw three targets colored with rings. On a shelve, an arrangement of weapons laid ready for use. Noah reach for a black pistol and handed it to me. I was surprised by its weight. Something so small couldn't possibly be that heavy.

"You ever shoot one?" he asked. I shrugged.

"I don't believe so."

He walked behind me and wrapped his arms around mine, clenching my hands while held the gun. My breath increased as I felt his warmth circle my body.

Purple bruises covered his face. He limped with every single step, wincing in pain. It was my fault.

But then, was it entirely? I got shot - grazed. It wasn't Noah's fault, nor mine. Joker couldn't attack him for the sake of me. He was a murdering crazy psychopath. I could not take the blame for him beating Noah.

"Alright. So, you wanna extend your arms," he extended his arms with mine until they pointed directly to the target. His skin was soft and silky, and a smile creeped up to my face. "Like so. Good. Fix your hand positions."

With his right hand, he move my hands until they were in the proper place to fire a gun. He was gently with every touch, barely making any contact. His fingers brushed past my skin, sending small trembles in my body.

"And now, just load it-" he used my fingers.

Click.

My body shook violently as I dropped the gun. The click repeated itself in my head, ringing louder everytime. I heard my voice scream as I fell unto the ground. Noah knelt over me, panic rising in his eyes.

I closed mine.

I looked in the mirror. A tight red dress provoked my curves. I had a small waist and wider hips. Full cleavage showed off my perfectly round breast. My hair was curled, the waves sitting on my nimble shoulders. Red lipstick matched my dress and made my lips more full. I wore heavy makeup, eyeliner and mascara defining my icy blue eyes.

The black stilettos I wore made me reach nearly six foot, and enhanced all my womanly features. I ran my hand down my curve, dewrinkling the choking dress.

I was, at a time, beautiful.

The door closed with a loud bang. I jerked my head, my heart speed picking up.

"I'm home, baby!" a deep voice called from the first floor. I turned to the my dresser, and picked up long silver earrings. Placing them in my ear, I looked over the room.

I was a crimson red, with a dark wooden bed in the middle. The lights were dimmed, creating a very sensual mood. The floor was almost black to the hue, The bed was neatly done, without a speck out of place. On a red chair in the corner, black lace was ready to be worn.

Walking down the stairs, I heard the man moving around the kitchen. His feet were loud on the wooden floor.

The rest of the house looked similar to the bedroom. It was dark with yellowing lights hanging from the ceiling. It was spotlessly clean. The couch in the living room had no wrinkles. The windows didn't have a smudge.

I swayed my hips as I walked into the kitchen, seeing the man in front of me. He was only slightly taller than me, with a fit stature. His black hair tickled his green eyes. Giant bags were under them, but the gleam in his eyes made me smile. A small beard was being grown on his long jaw.

He wore a suit that fit him perfectly. A red tie was already untied and just hanging from his neck. I walked up to him and grabbed both ends of the tie, pulling him close. His eyes switched from looking at my face to my cleavage.

"Tough day today?" I asked, in a seductive voice. He placed his hands on my waist and I sucked in my breath.

"It's better now." he smirked, crashing his lips onto mine. I pulled away fast, knowing he liked to be teased when he was riled up. He bit his lip and looked me over again as I walked to the stove that was baking swordfish.

"You look hot. Like you always do." the man came from behind me as I reached for two plates from the cabinet. His warm hands circled my waist and hugged me. I nearly dropped the plates as he grazed me with his lips on my neck.

I smiled at him while pushing him away.

"Dinner first." I said, and he rolled his eyes. He walked to the dark dining table in an open space that could still be seen from the kitchen. His briefcase was placed on it, and he stood up to pour himself a glass of whiskey.

He quietly worked at the table, scratching his head from time to time. I looked at him and bit my lips. Was I really going to do this?

The stove dinged and I bent down to get the fish from it. The mashed potatoes were already placed on the plates, and a caesar salad was in a white bowl.

"Smells great." he cried from the dining room. I held my breath, wishing it would kill me. It didn't.

I grabbed the pistol that I hid in the shelf instead of the food and walked to my husband. He turned his head, and furrowed his eyebrows.

"I think you forgot the food, babe." he chuckled, a small bit of anger rising in his eyes. I inhaled sharply and pointed the gun at him. His eyes widened in surprise and involuntarily, his hands lifted up.

"Em? Em what are you doing?" he asked, fear plaguing his jade vision. I shook my head and heard the familiar click.

"What the hell are you doing?" he screamed and I stayed put, tears forming in my eyes. I breathed hard and could barely control my shaking hand.

"Goodbye Edward." I whispered in a wavering voice. I hesitated slightly before I pulled the trigger. A loud bang echoed through the room and my ears rang.

I looked at him, bleeding from the floor. The bullet ended the front of his head, ending his life quickly. He seemed so peaceful. I walked up to him, and forced his green eyes shut, like he was sleeping.

Outside, I heard neighbor's yelling. I had to leave now.

Hope you enjoyed! Please leave a comment about you think happened and how you're feeling about the story so far! Thanks, and don't forget to vote!