Chapter Sixteen

The dress lay on his bed and I looked at it. It was a plain black dress with that I guessed would reach my mid-thigh. Although it was tight and the stilettos next to the dress would make it much shorter, the cleavage wasn't much of an issue. It had a halter top with thin fabric, and the full back was open.

"I don't know what'd you like. I figured that everyone likes black and you'd look really nice in it, I think. Hopefully it'd fit." Noah mumbled, tousling his blonde hair with a sheepish grin. I ran my hands through the fabric.

"Do I have to go?" I asked.

"It's your birthday. Why not?" he nudged my shoulder but I continued to look at the dress with a frown.

"Why is he letting me go?"

Noah stayed silent for a few seconds before opening his mouth.

"I think he knows you well enough to realize you won't leave. Would you run?" he looked at me, his green eyes curious.

"No." I almost breathed out. He cleared his throat.

"Don't worry. The break in ain't as important. We're mainly doing it for the rush. And the club is - well the club." he chuckled and left the room, saying he'll meet me downstairs. I picked up the dress.

I was frightened to go. I didn't trust the men at the club. I knew that I wanted to go break in again. I wanted to go and crack the code. My heart pounded at the thought of it, but I tried to force it out of my mind.

I was surprised at the fact that they were letting me go. Wasn't Joker worried at all that all it took was for me to slip off my heels and run? Did he really think he knew me well enough to ensure that I wouldn't leave?

A sigh escaped me. I wouldn't. I knew I wouldn't. Joker was right. Where else could I go? Where was I safe? I was a criminal. I was dangerous. The only place I could go was to escape the Earth.

I stripped of my clothes in the bathroom and entered the shower. After washing my hair, I picked up the razor to finally shave my legs. Looking at the razor, I chuckled at their foolishness. With two slits on the wrist, I could be gone. This could all end.

My hands began to shake as I stared intently at the razor, wishing it could take the first step. I knew it wouldn't. I shave my legs and got out of the shower because I could rethink my decision.

On the counter was a blow-dryer. I grasped the metal in my hand, and after combing my hair, let the hot air thicken it. I stood watching myself, looking at my bones begin to stick out from my skin. I was no longer bruised, and small muscles began to form on my arms.

I was tall. Around five foot eight, and from my past memories, I could tell that I had a small waist and small curves. Now, the skinniness in my body made me almost straight. I mentally told myself to start eating more. Starvation wasn't the way to go.

The makeup in front of me seemed foreign, but I was happy to use it. I wasn't the prettiest girl, but with makeup, I couldn't be considered the opposite either. The concealer hid away my dark bags and blush helped brighten my face. I had a dark blue eyeliner sweep across my eyelid, and a dark one on the outer half of my waterline. Mascara thickened my eyelashes, almost making them hit my eyelids. I didn't put on any eyeshadow.

The dress slipped on easily and I found it to be the right size, hugging my little curves. With the heels, I could almost see my figure regaining itself. I looked like a woman again. Yet the solemn look in my blue eyes proved everything wasn't alright. My quivering red lips helped others see the fear I was placed under.

    I walked downstairs where the rest of the boys were waiting. Each of them eyed me, some more hungrily that the others. Michael and Derrick stood side by side, each in a simple t-shirt. Two other men I didn't know winked at me. Craner looked almost disinterest as he fiddled with his white color.

    Noah smiled, walking up to me and twirling me around. I couldn't help but return a small smile back.

    "Lovely, as always." he whispered.

    "Damn happy boss let us keep the woman. She might be of use for something." one of the men said, eying my again with lust in his hazel eyes. A gunshot rang in the air, and I jumped, looking behind me.

    Joker stood laughing, blowing a cigarette. He had a dark brown leather jacket on, with dark jeans. He stepped up to the dead man and kicked him slightly.

    "Oh lookie here. Dead." he cracked a smile and looked at me, locking eye contact. I inhaled sharply, trying not to look at the dead body. He was shot in the same spot that Edward was. Right between the eyes.

    Joker's eyes held lust like the other men, but it was overpowered by different emotions. Anger and jealousy, pride from killing a man, something I couldn't place. He gave me a small smile before walking out of the room again, commanding us to follow him.

Let me know what you think! Don't forget to comment/vote!