Chapter One: Where it started

Hazel London, such a lovely name. A name that I could certainly never forget, a name that my father loved dearly.

It's hard without him, without my father and almost without my mother. She works and works while I am left home alone with Taylor, my sister.

My dad had a heart as big as all the oceans combined. He always wanted to help people and Taylor was one of the people my dad impacted most. My sister, she's adopted and thanks to her adoption, I have made a friend and a loving sibling. She's my only sibling.

It's been really lovely with Taylor but I think she took my dad's death harder than I ever did. I loved my father so much, much more than I thought possible and his death left all three of us shocked and heart broken.

We're fine, I guess. I mean, it's not something you can just drop right away but it's one of those things that you have to move on from because it could destroy you more than it could help you.

My mom, as much as I love her, she hasn't really been herself lately. We've moved a few times since my dad died and she's only been working. It's like she has died too. I never see her, she's always at meetings. I don't even know her profession any more but I don't mind it, I have Taylor and she's all I need.

We have finally settled down here, in California, going on three months since the last time we moved. I like it here really, this is where Taylor's adoption went down but it's also a huge reminder of my dad.

I miss him, I miss my best friend. It's been a few years since his death but this will be good for us.

I love him so much but I can't let his death stop me from being who I am, Hazel London.

It's currently summer and it's getting closer to the school year. I'll be a Junior and this isn't my first time starting a new school but this is the longest I've ever stayed in one town so this is definitely different.

I'm worried for the friends I will make and the enemies I will make. I have Taylor and her boyfriend Liam who practically lives with us but he's a great friend.

He kind of just moved in, he's a lot older than us but only by 3 years. He's considered an adult so he kind of just moves with us, he's not one to give up Taylor; he's madly in love.

She's 17 and he's 20 but I think it's one of the cutest relationships that I have ever seen.

Liam's in college now, studying to be a teacher and now he's in this program that makes him a Student Teacher, he actually teaches one of my Science classes this year so I will be seeing him more often than not.

I'm excited and terrified, I hope my mom will be okay and I hope I will be okay with the few months that I possibly have left here.

 PLEASE READ THANKS! :)

(Hi! This is my Luke fanfic, I started writing this because I couldn't get into my Harry fanfic! So I deleted my Harry fanfic and started this one! I hope you like it so far, it's just letting you know what's going on before I jump in the story! So please give it a try before you decide not to read the rest! I promise you, it gets better! Please, continue with the story! Don't give up on it! :))