Chapter Twenty Four: Us

Three days. Three fucking days. Three days since Liam and Taylor broke up, three days since Taylor has spoken and three days that I've actually gotten her to go to school.

I sigh, waking up early on Saturday morning, Luke and I planning to go somewhere with his group of friends. Ashton included.

Guilt consumes me now, I still haven't told Luke about Ashton and I. I don't even think it's such a big deal, we're still not even dating so I see no point in telling him.

"Taylor?" She may not be talking to me but for the past three days but she's been sleeping in my bedroom. I remember when I got her home that night after a day of trying to get her to talk, she just walked in my room and laid on my bed. I didn't question her about it, she probably didn't want to lay in the same bed that Liam used to lay in.

Liam has called multiple times, one or two of those times I've actually answered; feeling sorry for him. He would always say and text the same thing "Tell Taylor I love her and I'm sorry." I don't think he would ever get the hint, I'm pissed at him.

He ruined my best friend. Three fucking days and not a word has escaped her mouth. I won't leave her alone and she won't leave my side, which are signs that the real Taylor is still in there; shocked but still there.

"We're going out with Luke today. Okay?" I ask, making sure she would be okay with it even though I know she wouldn't say anything back to me.

She gets up, still saying nothing, and exits my room. It's when she leaves that a few silent tears fall from my eyes, crying for my best friend who couldn't cry herself.

--

"You ready?" I ask her and she nods, not looking at me but blankly staring at the TV, watching the new Spongebob episode.

I hear a knock on the door and quickly get up to answer it.

"Hey El." Luke says as I open the door, I smile. I think I liked that he called me that name. It reminded me of happy times and there was no need in denying me the smile when ever Luke said El.

"Hey Luke." I smile and pull him in for a hug. I take a step back and allow him to walk into my house.

"We ready?" He asks Taylor who rolls her eyes at him. She stands up and makes her way past us, sitting in the backseat of Luke's car.

"She's still not talking?" He asks me and takes my hand into his, gently swaying it back and forth.

"No." I frown, I couldn't help but wonder when she was going to talk to me again. We always talked about everything and anything, her not talking to me kills me. I felt like I did something wrong but she's always been good at hiding her feelings so I honestly won't know how she truly feels until she tells me herself.

I sigh and hope that my best friend would come back to me but for now, I need to try to enjoy my time with Luke.

We've been getting even closer, almost like we were a couple but we haven't made it official yet. I hope we would make it official.