Chapter Twenty One: Pajamas

"Well, I told him you were coming over." Luke says as we pulled up to his little blue and white house.

"Okay." I say and open my door before he even gets out of the car. He walks around the front of the car this time to entwine our fingers as we walked up the paved path to Luke's front door.

He pulls out a set of keys and as he's placing them into the locked door, it flies open; revealing an older version of Luke.

"Shit." Luke breathes out in a moment of being scared.

"Luke and Hazel?" He says and I nod my head, letting him that 'Hazel' was indeed my name.

I suddenly began to feel nervous, I have never been over to Luke's, let alone slept with him in the same room. Except for the one time that we both fell asleep watching a movie but that could barely be called a nap.

"It's lovely to meet you." I say and stand there, not really knowing what to do.

"Alright, dad, this is Hazel London. She's very," he pauses to look down at me on his right side, "special to me."

"Lovely to meet you." Luke's dad says again, and reaches his hand out to shake mine. In the process of our hand shake, Luke adds on, "Hazel this is my father Andrew Hemmings."

I smile at Andrew, such a weird name before the last name 'Hemmings'. I guess I was just used to Luke's name before his last, making it hard to hear any other name before 'Hemmings.'

Andrew and I stop the handshake, he opens the door wider to let his son and I in.

"Are you hungry Hazel?" Andrew asks me and I nod, remembering I didn't finish my food at my own house.

"We have pizza." Luke says and wraps his arm around my shoulder, guiding me to his kitchen with his dad right behind us.

"If pizza's not okay, I can make something else." Andrew adds on and I smile at him. For a father meeting his son's... Friend? He was surprisingly comfortable with it but also nervous about it also.

"No, that's fine. Pizza sounds amazing." I smile and walk over to the counter which contained three pizza boxes. One wasn't touched and 'BEEF' was written in black sharpie right across the box.

"How'd you know I liked beef?" I question and look over to Luke who was whispering to his dad.

"I just," Luke starts but then smiles, "I have my people."

I laugh at him before taking a piece out of the box and trying my hardest to not scarf down the entire thing.

"Luke got it because he knew you were coming over." Andrew says to me and I smile at Luke's attempts  to make me feel more comfortable at his house.

"Awe, thanks Luke." I say and cover up my mouth, trying to hide my food just like Taylor always did.

Shit, I forgot all about that. Taylor and Liam. I wonder how it was going and as soon as I thought about it, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I ignored it though, thinking that giving the two of them their space is what they truly need. Even if that meant I had to ignore my best friend.

I finish the first piece and grab another, eating it a bit slower than the first just in case I was asked any questions.

"So how long have you known Luke?" Andrew asks and Luke's shoots a glare to him and then back to me.

"Well," I start and try to think about how long I've been at school, "almost 2 months. Around there." I say, giving up after I realized that it was no longer August but near the end of September.