Chapter Thirty Nine: The End

**FIVE MONTHS LATER**

I look around the room and can't help but to feel at peace. Luke sitting next to me on the couch in his living room, Calum sitting next to him on the last available seat on the three-seater couch, Michael sitting in front of the T.V.; practically blocking the damn thing, Taylor laying on the ground next to him; pushing him down so that everyone can see, and Maddy and Ashton holding hands while sitting right next to Michael; not even caring that they were also blocking the screen.

The fights that happened so long ago meant nothing to me now, Luke and I were stronger than we ever have been before and I was waiting for that day.

School is out now; it's officially summer. I still had one more year left in school in general. I'm surprised I even lasted here this long. With the amount that we have been moving over the past few years, this was supposed to be just another town. I wasn't meant to stay here for long, I was supposed to move and start my life over again and again but this town was different. We stayed here longer than we all thought we would and I was grateful for that.

I wasn't supposed to fall in love but I did, I wasn't supposed to make great friends but I did, and I wasn't supposed to want to stay here but I did. I couldn't imagine leaving now, not after all the shit I went through to get to where I am at now. I wasn't about to give all of that up just so my mom can find some other job that'll probably pay her less than the one before it.

"You okay babe?" Luke whispers while looking over to me. He grabs my hand and squeezes it gently, as if to give me some sort of silent reassurance.

"Yea, I'm fine. Just thinking." I smile and look at everyone around me once again, not knowing what I did to deserve such great people in my life.

Luke chuckles before standing up; pulling me with him. We head into the kitchen, dispite the murmurs of us missing what was happening with the movie we were supposed to be watching.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke asks as he rummages through the cabinets, for food, I'm assuming.

"Just about how happy I am, I guess." I smile to myself but Luke turns and sees it just in time.

"You're adorable." He says and walks over to me, leaving his food hunt behind to wrap his arms around my waist and pull me close enough so that if I were to blink, Luke would feel the air move from under my eyelashes.

I stare into his eyes; taking everything in while I still could before he would crash his lips against mine, like always.

I take my hand and place it on his cheek, caressing his face and then lead my hands back into his hair; messing with it in just a way that drove him crazy.

I notice how his face tenses when I do so and how his eyes turn soft. I loved every inch of his face. I love his eyes, his nose, his lips, his cheeks, his skin, his eyebrows; I just loved him.

The amount of happiness I feel every time I looked at his face was enough to keep me satisfied for years but I know I couldn't find happiness like this else where.

"You're beautiful." I tell him and instead of him closing the distance, I do. I run my hand through his hair; playing with the longer ones at the top.

I slowly lean towards him as he leans down and let my lips touch his, barely, teasing him enough for him to groan and just take action himself.

He places a hand on the back of my head and pulls me closer to him; locking our lips in such a way that makes everything inside of me jolt with heat.

"Please, don't tease me." He mumbles after he pulls away. I smile at him, proud that I had this much affect on him.

"I won't." I say and wink before making my way back into the living room.