Chapter Twenty Five: Broken Down

"Is it weird that it feels like we've been a couple for awhile instead of a few hours?" Luke says while walking me up my cemented pathway, to the front door of the house.

I look up at him, smiling but then letting it slip. I really did have feelings for Luke but right now, Luke and I weren't at the top of my 'Worry About' list.

"I'm glad to call you mine Hazel." He says and bends down to kiss my forehead.

"I'm glad to be yours Luke." I smile and unlock my front door, to see something that I didn't expect.

Michael.

"Michael! What-" I glance around the living room, searching for Taylor.

"Hey Hazel. She's really upset right now so I just took her up to your room I'm gonna go." He says and walks past me.

"What-" I begin but don't find it in myself to finish.

"Thanks so much for tonight Luke but I really have to do this alone." I sigh and tilt my head in the direction of the stairs, indicating Taylor.

"I understand." He smiles and brings his head down, placing a small kiss to my lips before following Michael out of my house.

I close the door and walk up the stairs, not really knowing what to expect when I got to my bedroom.

I honestly hoped to see a broken down Taylor, I was so tired of the Taylor that wouldn't talk about what happened. I know that it was killing her on the inside but she wouldn't confide in me until I said the right thing or until she was fully ready.

I hear silent sobbing when I reach the top of the stairs, a mixture of releif and sadness flow through me; making it very hard to understand how I felt about her actually crying.

I open my door to see Taylor, curled up in a ball on my bed. She's not sobbing, not yet, but with every second I could tell it was getting harder to not fully break down.

"Taylor, I'm here for you if you need anything." I say to her, sitting right behind her. I rub her back and she begins to cry even harder.

"I loved him so much." She says, barely making it audible.

"I know and he loved you too." I don't know how to feel right now, I was happy that she was finally talking about it but my soul hurt knowing that this has been kept inside.

She sits up and faces me, not letting her crying become any quieter. She begins to sob and pulling me in for hug. I don't question it, she sobs and sobs, and I let her. I knew that this is what she needed, a hug and to let her cry.

She pulls from me and smiles, even as the tears keep falling down her cheek, she smiles like nothing has happened.

She gives a fake laugh, "He said it was my fault." She rolls her eyes, showing her sarcastic side before going right back into a crying fit.

"It is my fault yo-you know?" She says and her breathing begins to quicken.

"It's not your fault Taylor. You should know that. He cheated on you-"

"Don't say it, it still hurts." She says and places her head in her hands, she was bawling and I felt bad. I should've known she'd have a soft side for Liam still, I wish I didn't mention the thing that caused her to go mute in the first place.

"It's not your fault-"

"Yes it is Hazel! I wasn't good enough! I didn't give him what he needed so he got it somewhere else! I wasn't good enough!" She shouts at me and I sigh.

"You're everything and more, don't you ever forget that." I say and suddenly begin to feel pissed that she even felt this way.

"Liam's an asshole and I know you love him and all that bullshit but he didn't love you that much back. I wish I could sit here and lie to you Taylor but I can't. There's too many Liams out there. He will always pin it on you, saying you were never enough for him but in reality," I pause, just to make sure she was letting me rant on, "he wasn't good enough for you."

"I still love him you know." She says and her crying decreases, just slightly enough that what she was saying was now comprehensible.

"I know you do but sometimes we don't get to choose who we love, it just happens." I shrug my shoulders, giving her a sympathetic smile. I knew what I was saying wasn't helping her any but it sure felt good now that she was talking.

Her crying ceases completely, "I'm sorry for not talking to you." She says and gives an apologetic smile.

"Don't be sorry. Although I was jealous that you talked to Michael rather than me." I say, admitting my jealousy from earlier today.

"I don't know, I love you Hazel, don't get me wrong, there was just something about Michael that made me feel welcomed to talk." She shrugs and smiles.

"I was embarrassed to talk to you, even though I knew you would give me all the comfort I needed, I just felt like I didn't want to let you down because I was sad and I didn't want you mad because I ruined yours and Liam's relationship-"

"Shut up Taylor, he hurt you, There is no anything for me and Liam, sure he was like a brother but right now, he's my enemy." I say and she smiles at me again.

"I would never be mad at you for that Taylor, he hurt you. Don't ever feel like you're not good enough when you're more than they could hope for." I say and smile at her, if only she knew just how much I loved her and that I'd do anything to make her happy.

"I love you Hazel." She smiles and pulls me in for a hug. "I love you too Taylor."

We pull from the embrace, I'm still smiling because she's my Taylor again and that made me feel all kinds of happy.

"Anyways," she smirks, "tell me about Luke."

(YAAAAASSSSS! Luke and Hazel! Lazel? Huke? The choices! JUST KIDDING! It's obviously me and Luke so screw Hazel! xD Okay okay, thanks for all the views and all the votes! You don't know how much it means to me! :) Taylor, I hope this is acceptable! :) I'm going to start slowling sliding in another side story and then start focusing on Hazel and Luke! I know my writing sucks but it means a lot when I have dedicated readers just like Taylor herself! :) Love you girl! :) [Pomi] KEEP READING MY CHILDREN! XD)