Chapter Nine: The record store

We watch as Luke makes his way to the small record shop down the street.

"What was that?" Ashton says to me, pulling my attention back to the two people at my table.

"What was what?" I ask Ashton and he gives me an 'are you fucking stupid' look.

"The fucking unicorn prancing around the street, Hazel! You know what I am talking about!" He raises his voice, probably thinking that it will snap some sense into me.

"I don't know, at least he's not as mean to me as normal." I say and shrug my shoulders. Don't get me wrong, Luke was still a natural asshole but he wasn't as asshole-ish as normal.

"That's my point Hazel, he actually asked you to be his partner. Luke doesn't do that shit."

I look over at Taylor who is smiling like an idiot.

"I told you, he likes you." She simply states and stands up as Liam walks over to her.

She tosses me the keys to her car before linking arms with Liam and walking back to his car.

"As crazy as that sounds, he might just like you." Ashton says and gives me one of his cutest smiles.

I scoff at him. Was I the only one that thought this was ridiculous? To have a guy act like he hates you but two people claim that it is possible that he actually likes you sounds pretty ridiculous, to me at least.

"Hazel, what's there not to like? I mean it, you're amazing." He smiles and his cheeks beam a rosy pink. I smile back at him, Ashton was such a sweetheart. In the three days that I've known him, he's been the nicest to me. He was never rude and was definitely nowhere near anything like Luke.

"Thanks Ashton."

He giggles and stands up. "I'm going home, Luke brought his own car. I don't even know why I came with him." He laughs before walking over to me. He bends down to give me a quick hug. "Glad I ran into you today."

I smile and wave him off as he walks down the street.

I debated on whether or not I should go after Luke, after all he was my partner. I'll be damned if he tries his hardest to receive all the credit and throw me under the bus because that sounds like something he would do.

I stand up and throw my empty cup away in the nearest trash can. I start to walk down the street, in the same direction as both Taylor and Ashton walked.

I pass by a few shops, one of them being a very nice clothes store. I made a mental note to come back and look at the dress they had displayed in the window.

Once I reached the record store, I stop in front of it, admiring the art work on the outside.

There was a man with headphones, not the ear buds but the kind that cover your entire ear, painted on the side of the wall. Music notes came out from under his head phones, surrounding the man with big and small music notes. The man looked calm, at peace if you will, and I could tell it was representing the feeling of happiness when you let music surround you.

I smile before opening the glass door, skimming the area for Luke.

He wasn't too hard to spot, he's super fucking tall which helps spot him in a crowd but in this small building, it was almost like finding a quarter on top of a few pennies.

He has headphones on and he momentarily reminds me of the man on the outside of the store. I thought about Luke's face, since I couldn't see it, being super calm and at peace.

He's tapping his foot along to whatever he's listening to while I walk up to him and tap on his shoulders.

My presence obviously startled him when he quickly takes off his headphones, a look of relief and dissapointment covers his face.