Chapter Eleven: Forgiven

Ashton and I have been hanging out on a daily basis, right after school for the next three days. It's Thursday and I still haven't seen Luke, which in my case, was good. It was starting to help me forget about what happened on Saturday. It was also boosting mine and Ashton's friendship.

We were getting surprisingly close over the past three days. We already made plans this weekend to hang out a new amusement park that had recently open. We talked about everything when we hang out, from puppies to why the world is the way it is. I'm really glad Ashton and I are friends, besides Taylor, he's my best friend and he just makes me happy.

"Luke still isn't here." I say when Ashton and I make our way to Music History.

"Yea, it's been awefully quiet." He says and smiles to me. We take our regular seats in the back of the class and talk like we always do.

"He was acting weird on Saturday." I say to Ashton.

He turns to look at me, trying to remember what happened on Saturday. "Yea, he wasn't as mean. Like the day before he was an ass to you but now it's not as bad." He says and shrugs his shoulders, obivously not up for the conversation but I wasn't done with it.

"Well, he came over." I say again to Ashton who looks pissed off.

"Hazel-" He says in a threatening voice and I stop him from scolding me. "It wasn't like that Ashton, he was supposed to come over and help research for the project that's due tomorrow."

Ashton loosens up again and sighs. "Okay."

I roll my eyes. I didn't understand why he was getting so worked up every time I mentioned Luke.

"Ashton, you're my friend and Luke's friend," I start, pushing him into a conversation he apparently doesn't want to have, "so when he was over at my house he was all touchy. Like he kissed my neck and I'll spare you the details,"

"Thank God."

I roll my eyes and continue, "anyways, do you think he likes me?"

"Hazel, I don't want to talk about Luke right now."

"But you're like my best friend and his, I just wanted to know if how he acted was just who he is, that's all."

Ashton sighs yet again and looks over to me, sad.

"Luke's an asshole but like everyone, he is capable of being nice. He could like you and who wouldn't?" He says and I blush. He smiles at me, obviously amused that he made me blush. "You're amazing Hazel and he'd be out of his damn mind not to like you but he doesn't deserve you if he's such an ass all the time."

I sigh, nodding my head in agreement. It was a relief to know that Luke acted like this all the time but it was kind of upsetting to know that this may just be a process and I wasn't for it.

"Thanks Ashton." I say and I smile to him, I sometimes wondered how I made such an amazing friend.

--

School ends and before I knew it, I was already at home with Taylor and Liam. Ashton wanted to come over and watch movies again but I told him that I really needed to research for this project tomorrow. I could really use some help but my partner has been missing for four days so it was obivously up to me.

I open my laptop on my bed and begin searching up Fall Out Boy songs and information. Mr. Kaminski said to add some of your own personal feelings into the project so I decided for my "visual" I would play my favorite songs by Fall Out Boy.

"Hazel!" Liam shouts to me from the bottom of my stairs. I was too lazy to get up so I just shout back. "What?"

"Someone is here for you!"