five

Neighbor

After he leaves my room, I go to the bathroom once again to finish getting ready. I showered and put on some comfortable clothes.

I decide to call my best friends first since I wasn't able to do it yesterday. I turn on my computer and call them over video chat. Luckily, non of them were busy and answered my call straightaway.

"Y/N!" excitedly welcome me Jisoo and Jungkook.

"Hi!" I greet back. "I'm sorry I didn't call yesterday, I was... busy," I started. Jungkook raises his eyebrow; "You were?"

In the next hour or so I tell them everything that happened so far, how Yoongi and I got along well, the incidents that happened between us and that the third roommate hasn't arrived yet. They tried to encourage me to make a move with Yoongi but honestly, I don't know if that's the right thing to do. If that's the thing I want to do. Not gonna lie, he's handsome and I like his personality, but it's just way too fast.

When we end the call, I close my laptop and go to the kitchen to have breakfast.

As I step outside my room, I hear music. Soft tones coming from Yoongi's room fill the otherwise quiet hall. I smile to myself thinking about how a person that seems so cold on the outside is really just the softest person.

A curiosity takes upon me, I wanted to see him move with the rhythm of the music once again. He seemed so peaceful, so passionate about it yesterday when I saw him, with the exception I never thought he would listen to calm and sweet songs and it makes me warm realizing his taste.

But on the other hand, I want to leave him alone and not disturb him so I move forward to the kitchen as I planned in the first place. I make myself a breakfast and quietly eat it, enjoying the faded music in the background.

When I'm washing dishes, the music stops. I hear the door opening and footsteps coming into the kitchen.

"Hello," says Yoongi and opens the fridge.

"Hi," say back, not sure if I should say anything after.

"Uh, we have almost no food," he growls under his breath as he closes the fridge.

"Yeah, I noticed. I'll go buy some food later," I comment as I stop the water, finishing washing up.

"Can I accompany you? I don't have anything else to do," he asks me, sitting down to eat what he took from the fridge.

"Sure, but I want to get some stuff for the apartment too, to make it more homey and cozy,"  I say as I sit down opposite him as well and lean on my right hand.

"That's fine," he shrugs. Just as I want to ask him about the music he was listening before, we hear a knock on the door. I get up to open it, assuming it's finally our roommate who arrived.

"Hello!" cheerily greets me a man standing in front of me.

"Hi!" I welcome him as we shake hands.

"I'm Seokjin, you neighbor," he introduces himself with a bright smile on his face. He's really handsome with his tall and slim posture, board shoulders and brown hair.

"Oh," I let out a small breath. He raises his eyebrow. "Nothing's wrong, I just thought our third roommate arrived," I explain to him.

"Ah, alright."

"Come on in," I offer but he just shakes his head.

"It's fine, you just moved in, I'll visit another time."

"No, don't worry, you aren't disturbing," I kindly tell him.

"Ah good, but no thank you, I have some other things to do. I just came to say hi," he kindly smiles. "And to invite you out tonight, let's go grab some food and hang out a bit," he adds sweetly.

"That would be nice! Okay, we'll come!" I gladly accept his invitation.

"Great! At 5 o'clock, just knock on the door, I'll be ready," he says and then we say goodbye.

"Who was that?" asks Yoongi when I come back to the kitchen.

I explain him what just happened and he seems in for the idea too.

One hour later, we are walking down the street to get food and stuff for the apartment. Since it's in the middle of August, the air is still hot and dry but it doesn't bother me that much. I have always enjoyed the heat more than the cold.

Our shopping trip was fun, we got a lot of stuff and enough food for the next month probably. We somehow managed to get everything to our place in one piece and I immediately started placing things around and to my surprise, Yoongi was helping me. I really like the finished result, the apartment really feels like a home now.

It is now 4 p.m., I'm sweaty and starving so I take a quick shower and then put myself into some jeans and a T-shirt, something simple and put together. I put on a bit of makeup and brush my hair.

I then plop down on the couch and play with my phone while I'm waiting for Yoongi to finish getting ready.

While doing so, a knock on the door startles me.

Opening the door, there stands, again, a man but this one is different. He's very handsome, almost unreal.

I force myself not to stare at him and welcome him: "Hello!"

"Hi," he greets me back with his low, husky voice one could describe as silky but boy-ish. "I'm your new roommate," he says and makes my jaw drop.

———————

(A/N): Hello, I hope you are enjoying the story so far! I know it isn't that interesting, I want to make a simple and pretty basic fanficiton for my first one but I have so many ideas for the new stories so make sure to follow me for new (and hopefully unique) stories after I finish this one!
Thank you for reading, love you❤️