twenty three

The date

Crap. I feel both of our bodies freeze. We were so in the moment we totally overheard Tae arriving home.

He now stands in front of us with his arms crossed and a questioning expression on his face.

"We uh..." I start babbling instead of getting straight to the truthful point.

"We are dating," Yoongi involves in my explanation, saying the exact words that should come out of my mouth. Almost the exact words.

"No we aren't," I correct him. "For now."

"For now?" asks Tae clearly confused.

"On the trip on Saturday, we confessed attraction towards each other and we are going on a date tomorrow," I explain nervously. I feel scared because I have no idea how Tae will react. I don't want him to be upset or unsupportive about us.

In a blink of a second, Tae's expression changes from confused to thrilled and wide boxy smile spreads on his lips.

"Really?! Oh my god!" He excitedly raises his voice. "That's great! I ship!" He states and then shares a group hug with us. Yoongi and I glance a look at each other, a happy but weirded-out one. Tae's reaction pleasantly surprises me and calms me down. It's good there won't be anything weird hanging in the air because of this.

"Thanks?" I respond at his excitement.

"Oh anytime, just don't be loud or something," Tae jokes and puts a smile on my and Yoongi's face.

After the small confrontation we had, Yoongi leaves a quick kiss on my lips that Tae finds absolutely adorable and then heads to his room while I head to the kitchen to eat.

I spend the afternoon and the evening in my room studying and doing my art project. When I finally finish my work at around 9 pm, I put away everything that has collected on my desk the past couple of hours and prepare the supplies for tomorrow's classes. I decide to also choose an outfit for tomorrow because I won't go home after classes, meaning I need to be dressed for the date. Looking through my clothes, the stress escalates with each minute, frustrating me. Is there really nothing I can wear tomorrow? I want my look to be casual but put together, a bit fancy but still relaxed. That's not so hard to achieve, right? Digging through my closet for the second time, I still can't choose an outfit. Suddenly, an idea sparks in my head. I grab my phone and call Jiyun. She can help me.

After a couple of seconds, Jiyun picks up her phone.

"Hello?" She greets.

"Hi Jiyun! I need your help." I say and turn to my messy closet.

"Sure, what do you need?" She happily responds.

"I..uh, I'm going on a date tomorrow and I don't know what to wear." I explain her, avoiding telling the fact that I'm going out with Yoongi. She lightly laughs at her side of the line after my request.

"Okay, I can help you, but I'm not that much of a fashionista." I chuckle at her modesty.

"You'll do great, don't worry! Thank you so much!" I thank her. "See you in a minute."

"Yeah, I'll be right there," she replies and ends the call. I put my phone in my pocket and go to the front door.

She's already standing there when I open, smiling at me. We greet with a nod and then head to my room.