sixteen

A call

Standing in front of my mirror, I'm looking at the messy version of myself. My hair that was supposed to be tied in a ponytail is now a ball of tangled strands, my cheeks sticky from dried-down tears, mascara smeared around my eyes. Taking another deep breath, I collect my thoughts and pull myself together - clean my face, untangle my hair and change out of my today's outfit.
Now that I'm put together, I stimulatively smile to myself. You're are strong girl Y/N, it's fine. Tomorrow, you will be having the best day of your life, Yoongi showing up or not, I encourage myself.

I look out of the window only to realize it's already getting dark outside. I check the time, it's 6:12 pm.

Still feeling down, I decide not to do any school work today. Instead, I open the left drawer of my desk, pulling out my sketchbook and colored pencils. I turn on the lamp on my desk while opening the book on a blank page.

I usually outline with a pencil before I start adding colors and shadows to the drawing, but not today. I need to fill a page with all my frustrations right now. And I do. I draw different free-style shapes, coloring each of them with a different colors, red, black, navy blue, military green and other dark colors. The more I furiously color, the angrier I get. I'm not sure on who exactly, it might be me, might be Yoongi or maybe Namjoon. Suddenly, the tip of my black pencil breaks, being a drop too many that makes me lose my temper. I toss the pencil over the room and jump of the chair, searching for my phone in the pockets of my backpack.

When I finally get a hold of it, I unlock it in less then a second and soon pressing the phone icon next to Namjoon, ringing him.

He answers after a few beeps. "Hello?"

"WHY NAMJOON, WHY?!" I scream into the device. "HOW COULD YOU, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!!" I continue rambling and screaming at him while his side of the line remains completely quiet.

When I finally utter everything out, I leave a silent atmosphere behind.

"I don't understand, Y/N. What have I done wrong?" He very quietly speaks. All my anger has been released, so I answer with a calm tone.

"Your birthday party Namjoon. That's what you did wrong." With these sentences being spoken, my eyes fill with tears.

"It's not allowed to have a birthday party? What the hell?" He says, his voice confused but annoyed at the same time. With these two questions, I realized I fucked up. Not only I attacked Namjoon, I also need to explain him my actions now. You're an absolute genius Y/N, absolute. Why can't you once for a change use your head and stop before doing the wrong thing? I sigh before I reply to Namjoon.

"I'm having a small party for my birthday too," I start. " Yoongi chose your party over mine. I know you two are best friends so it's logical he chose you over me, but..." I nervously bite my bottom lip.

"But?" Namjoon encourages me.

"... but I hoped he would be with me, I like him. I have a crush on him," I say, my voice being so quiet you almost can't hear it because I fear Yoongi would hear me.

Silence fills Namjoon's side of the line while I patiently wait for a response.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you, I was so angry and frustrated," I apologize to fill the awkward silence.

"No, it's okay," he finally responds. "I'm honestly shook but at the same time not," he continues. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know. You know, I would cancel my party and move it to another date but I really can't."

"I understand," I say. "Thanks for listening to my rant though." I joke, making myself smile while Namjoon grins.

"Anytime." He giggles.

"Well, bye."

"Wait," he stops me from ending the call. "Yoongi... he'll make it up to you," he tells me.

"What?" I ask. "Wait, you aren't going to tell him, right?"

"No, I won't. I'm telling you as someone who knows him very well. He'll make it up to you," he repeats, calming down my beating heart but also sets me tons of questions.

"Um, okay," I say. "Is that it?"

"Yeah. Bye Y/N."

"Bye Namjoon," I say and hang up. You're an idiot. I face palm myself.

I go find and pick up the black pencil I threw before and sit down by my drawing again. There's only one shape remaining uncolored. I smile and color it in bright yellow. You're going to make yourself enjoy tomorrow, Yoongi being there or not. I think for the second time this evening.

Finishing the drawing, I dust it off and admire the completed piece. I'm satisfied with it.

After putting things back on its place, I leave my room getting myself something for dinner. Luckily no one is in the kitchen because I really want to be alone until tomorrow.

An hour or two later, my eyelids become heavy so I wrap myself in the comfy sheets, excited for tomorrow to come.

———————
(A/N): This a filler, important for the following chapters. It's short but necessary. I hope you enjoy the story! Let me know if you do 😁