ten

Alone

I plop on my bed as soon as I close the door behind me. I'm exhausted, embarrassed and all over the place.

I collect all my strength to change into my pajamas and lay down on the bed once again. I turn off the lights and close my eyes.

But I can't fall asleep immediately even thought I want to. I really want to sleep. Not because I'm tired, I want to get lost for the next 8 hours in a place where I exist in alternative universe without worries, without feelings, just to escape the reality for a while. But instead of my dreams, I fall deep into my thoughts.

I really like my new place and the people I have met. Jin is the nicest person to exist, very kind, funny and intelligent. His girlfriend Jiyun is the luckiest girl on Earth. I'm excited for the day I'll meet her.
Hoseok is embodied star, so bright and smiley. He showed so much caring towards me that I really felt like I'm here for two years not two days, I feel like I'm in a warm, cozy place called home, wrapped in a soft blanket in his presence.
Taehyung, an actual god on Earth's surface with his out of this world visuals is really just a boy who grew up on the countryside, whose family is always his number one priority. He cherishes little things which makes him childish, but in a cute way. Since he's three years older than me, but I feel like we could become really close, like siblings.
And lastly, Yoongi. There's something special in this man too. I wouldn't call him being a person with a split personality but he changes it all the time. He goes from 'you ass is fuckable' to 'my aunt died when i was 8'. And it's sweet. And it's attractive. I wonder what if feels like to be precious to him, how it feels like to be in his embrace.

Thinking about my new friends that I now know better than yesterday made me clear things out in my head. Tae is sweet but I'm interested in having him as a close friend, a brother maybe, while Yoongi can be positioned above that. I'm sure that I'm not developing feelings towards him he just seems more serious than Tae and I want a serious relationship at some point in my life. Not now, I need to finish school right now.

Thoughts slowly start to blur, my breathing becomes slower and I finally fall asleep.

A noise wakes me up. I roll over to check the time on my phone. It's 1 am. What? Haven't I gone to sleep at like midnight? I turn on the lights and go outside my room to check what that noice was. I come to the kitchen and there is Tae, sitting by the table with his hands on his eyes and his phone laying smacked on the ground. Is he- crying?

I take a step next to him.

"Tae?" I say slowly and quietly. He moves his hands of his face, exposing his swollen and red eyes. He indeed was crying. "Oh my god! What happened?!" I get scared and instinctively wrap my hands around him an hold him tightly. He gets up from the chair and hugs me back and lays his head on my shoulder.

"I... uh... my..." he sobbed in to my arm. I calmly stroke his hair to comfort him and wait for him to calm down. "My girlfriend called," he tells me. He had a girlfriend?? "I didn't tell you because there wasn't a situation to tell and..."

"Don't worry Tae, no one told you to share that with us," I cut off his words and comfort him and I honestly don't care if he has one. Or had, I assume.

"She... she left me," he finally managed to speak these words out loud. I pull out of the hug and put my hands on his shoulders.

"Let sit down," I say and lead him to his room. I think he would feel the most comfortable there. "You don't need to tell me anything if you don't want to," I tell him holding his hands.

"I will, I want to since you are the closest and the only friend I have right now," he sobbed. It surprised me.

"I'm sure that's not true."

"It is," he insists. "She was my only friend and now she gone." He pauses for a second and rubs his eyes. "The four of you I met today - I haven't had this much fun since forever, I really felt like we got along so well and honestly, I'm scared I'll lose all of this," he confesses.

I really want to go to sleep but I can't. I don't want to let him down.

And then I let him tell me everything. He shared with me his story and confirmed my 'theories' about him. He was bullied at school because he lived on a farm. They weren't really poor at home but they weren't exactly rich. And then one day, a new student, Yuna came. She became his seat-mate in class and the friendship built from there. They spent all the time together and slowly, friendship turned into relationship. He got himself a job and earned money to afford this place, a good camera and tuition. And now that she's gone, his world is shattered. I'm determined to stick by his side and make sure he doesn't feel alone.

"I guess we could say now is your fresh start," I tell him. "Go to sleep now and try to not think about it. Everything is going to be fine Tae, don' worry, you have me now. And Yoongi, Jin and Hoseok." We share an intense look into each others eye's full of sincereness.

"Thank you Y/N, it means the world to me," says Tae and manages to give me a weak smile.

"Anytime Tae," I reply and hug him tightlyone more time before I get up.

"Y/N?" I turn around.

"Yeah?"

"Can you sleep with me? I don't want to be alone," he shyly asks. I take a breath to decide.

"Fine," I say and go back to him. We lay down on his bed and turn off the lights.

"Sleep well," he whispers.

"You too," I say back. He hugs me from behind into a cuddle. Ahh, so clingy.

Strangely or not, I don't feel weird at all in his embrace, I only feel like a friend, a sister who supports a heartbroken boy.

Tae fell asleep first and shortly after I did too.

———————

(A/N): Thank you for reading, I hope you are doing great.❤️