thirty one

Secret date pt. 2

His announcement of the date not being over catches me by surprise, which I portray with widely opening my eyes. I wish my brain would make up something to say in answer, but it doesn't, so my mouth stays shut.

"Why do you think we are dressed up so nicely?" Yoongi rhetorically asks with his low voice in amused tone. Butterflies fill my stomach and I'm not sure if that's because my attraction towards him just increased even more or because a wave of excitement mixed with nervousness overtakes my body. Probably both.

"I, uh... I assumed that you were taking me to some nice restaurant but then we got here and-,"  I stop in the middle of the sentence because I know he isn't really a fan or rambling. I mentally giggle.

His lips curve up into a smirk while his gaze shifts down at his hands that are leaned on the steering-wheel, which looks very attractive. I need to hold my breath for a moment just so I don't do something stupid, like straddle his lap and attack him with kisses down his neck after temptation occurs my brain.

That's specific. I feel my cheeks grow a subtle tint from the thought. But the intimate thought confuses me as well. It's not that I'm an innocent person because I definitely ain't one, it's just that dirty thoughts, ironically, don't happen to me, ever.

His long silver earring lightly sways along his jawline after he shakes his head and turns his look to meet mine.

"Buckle your seatbelt Y/N, we are going to a restaurant."

......

I'm not sure how long the drive takes, the casual conversation with a joke or a sarcastic remark slipping in-between makes the time pass very quickly.

Yoongi takes a turn to the parking lot in front of the restaurant. He quickly finds a free spot and parks the car. I'm pretty sure he wanted to open the door for me but I do it myself anyway and get out of the vehicle. The breezy yet tepid air of the almost completely dark evening sky brushes my cheeks and runs through my hair, setting my mood to calm.

A smile paints on my lips when I see Yoongi walking up to me.

I softly kiss him before I take his hand in mine. Without saying a word, we head to the restaurant that illuminates the street with warm yellow color out of its big glass windows.

Yoongi opens the door for me and lets go of my hand to place his on my lower back, lightly pushing me forward.

A bright smile of an employee welcomes us as soon as the door closes behind us.

Yoongi tells her about his reservation. The waitress scans through a book in front of her and nods before she leads us to our table.

Dark wooden tables with either two or four seats are set throughout the area and above each table hangs a light. Random paintings that are hang on the walls and soft tones of music wrap the whole place in calm but elegant atmosphere.

The woman takes us to a table by the back wall that is, unlike the other beige ones, solely out of bricks, which makes the place more homey.

When we sit down she hands us the menus. We thank her and then she leaves us alone.

"It's really nice here," I say and open the wine-red colored menu in my hands with intention to look through the dishes they serve and decide on which one I'll order.