eleven

Games

A loud bang on the door wakes us up.

"Tae have you seen- WHAT?!" Yoongi's eyes go wide as he takes a step back.

Tae and I however aren't in an awkward position at all. In fact, we are literally just laying on his bed. He let go of me during the night and turned in his own direction, so right now our backs are facing each other.

"I know we drank a couple of drinks but I have never imagined you two liked each other that much," Yoongi says, still surprised, with his arms crossed.

"It's not what it looks like," I start explaining. "A situation... happened yesterday."

"Yeah, I see."

"Not that kind of situation!" I raise my voice.

"Nothing happened Yoongi, oh my god," joins us Tae, his voice sleepy and cool.

"Than explain this," Yoongi points at us with a grumpy expression on his face. Tae exhaled, preparing to explain honestly. And he did.

He explained what happened yesterday to Yoongi and everything else he told me. He tried his best to maintain strong and he did, until the very last sentence, then broke down and cried.

Yoongi was and is still shocked. He apologized for his behavior and even got teary eyes.

When Tae is more or less calmed down, I leave his room to change and get ready for the day. I change into sweatpants because I plan to stay home today and cancel my plans with Jungkook and Jisoo I mentally set yesterday.

I decide to make pancakes for breakfast. When they are done and the table is set, I go call my roommates to eat. They're in Tae's room, talking.

"I made pancakes!" I excitedly say as I enter. "Come on, let's cheer up a bit." I flash them a smile as I place my hands on my hips. Tae returns a smile that has a slight sad undertone and so does Yoongi.

We eat our breakfast, chatting and making plans for today. We collectively agree on staying at home to relax and hang out alone.

Tae volunteers to wash the dishes.

Meanwhile me and Yoongi stay by the table.

"I'm sorry for being rude this morning once again," he says awkwardly looking and spinning a cup in front of him.

"It's okay, I would be the same in your position probably." He shrugs. "Can I ask you something though?"

"Yeah, sure, go ahead," he says.

"The first morning when I got here to make myself breakfast, I heard you listening to music in your room and I was wondering what song it was, I really liked it." He lets out a giggle and stops spinning the cup to look at me.

"You did?"

"Yeah, a lot. I never imagined you would listen to music like this thought, no offense," I answer honestly.

"A lot of people say so," he starts. "And that song, well, I wasn't listening it, I was playing it myself on the piano." He stops for a moment and admires my surprised expression. "And let me add, I wrote that song."

I can't think straight for a moment. The fact that this man wrote that song got me shook, completely amazed and impressed.

"Wow," is all I can let out of my mouth. He smiles at my response.

"That's the best compliment I have ever received," he states. "I mean it." A warm feeling takes over my body, forcing me to smile widely.

"If it's finished, I would love to hear the full version," I kindly speak.

"I'll send you the song. It's titled 'I need you', by the way," he says. "But let me play it live for you first."

And without anything else, he gets up and holds my hand and leads me to his room. On the other side of the room I have never seen is a wooden upright piano.

"You can sit down on my bed," he tells me as he sits down by the instrument.

Seconds later he presses the keys to the first chord of the song. The music wraps the room, the soft tones fill my ears. The way he plays is a thing on it's own. The way his eyes are closed, they way his fingers move their way on the keyboard, full of passion and devotion are beyond describable. In the middle of the song I catch myself calmly moving by the rhythm of the music. How couldn't I? It's a piece of art.

He finishes the song, slowly opens his eyes and turns around to see my reaction. I sit still, the magic of the last couple of minutes still sparkling in my body.

"It's beautiful," I say quietly like something will shatter if I do so louder.

A shy smile appears on his lips.

"Thank you," he replies. We get up and leave to the kitchen because by now, Tae must have finished the dishes.

"Did you two play the music?" asks Tae.

"Yoongi did," I say.

"I liked it, good job hyung," he says.

"Thanks," Yoongi replied. "So what are we doing now?"

"What would you like to do?" I ask Tae. I want him to do something he enjoys today so he will cheer up.

"I really like playing video games," he admits.

"Great, let's do that then," I say, Yoongi nods along.

Tae runs to his bedroom to get the console and the controllers while Yoongi and I go to the living room. We set up the console and decide to play a racing game together since it allows the multiplayer option.

I was never good at games so I have lost most of the races. Occasionally I got the second place, but never the first one. Tae has had loads of fun. I would even dare to say he forgot about the whole thing for a while because he was being himself, constantly moving left and right, sometimes up and down, screamed and cursed here and there.

The afternoon came and we were still playing. Time passed so fast and no one noticed.

It's 4 pm now. I start to get bored of it so I don't join them this round.

"How about we go eat something, it's like 4 pm," I suddenly state. I am hungry so even if they decline, I'll go out and get myself something. Noodles sound great at the moment.

"That would be nice actually, I'm starving," says Yoongi.

"Yes, let's go, I think we've had enough of games for today," agrees Tae.

And we go. I quickly grab my wallet before we head out.

The hot summer air washes over us as soon as we step outside the apartment block. We walk down the street, the same way Yoongi and I went yesterday when we shopped for food and decorations. We saw a Chinese restaurant across the street from the shop and that's exactly where we are headed right now.

The staff greets us as soon as we enter the restaurant. We sit down my the window and order our meal. Our food is served quickly like they knew we were really hungry. We chatted and shared a couple of laughs. It is fun. I'm glad Tae seems okay.

After our meal, we decided to explore our surroundings a bit.

We walked around until the sunset took over the sky. As we did so far, we chatted, shared jokes (even the terrible ones) and took a lot of pictures.

Laying down in my bed at the end of the evening is amazing. I'm tired and my legs hurt from so much walking but I don't care at all. It was an amazing day I'll cherish in my memories for a long time, maybe forever. I smile to myself and close my eyes to slowly drift off to sleep.