* Forty *

okay so uhm this is the fortieth chapter and i feel like im just writing nonsense now lmao

- charissa

-

ADI'S POV

She kissed me before going to grab us drinks, and I sighed.

Our relationship felt like an utter joke.

Lisa and I have been dating  all summer, but it felt like a relationship that was fake.

She didn't feel that way, she literally had already told me she loved me.

What were you doing, Adi?

I rubbed my hands onto my face and sighed.

"Back with the drinks!" She chirped, two iced teas in her hand.

"I am actually not feeling well, mind if I head out?" I asked, her smile dropping.

"Yeah, of course! Call me and update me, okay?" She asked and I nodded.

Standing up, I exited her house and walked towards my street.

It was cold out, and I saw someone in the distance.

Their car was parked weirdly, and I could see a form get out of the car.

"Hello?" I called, making sure it wasn't some creep prepared to kidnap me.

The person whipping around, hair in the wind.

It was a girl, or a very stylish boy.

"Hello?" A soft girls' voice called back, and I grunted.

Approaching slowly, I saw that her car was just pulled aside, smoke coming from the hood.

"A-Adi?" I heard, my eyes catching a glimpse of the jawline.

Rosie.

"Rosie, hey." I waved awkwardly and she smiled.

"Sorry, didn't know if I was about to get kidnapped or something." She bit her lip and kept texting someone.

She was dressed in a loose tee and jean shorts. How was she even surviving?

"It's so cold, how are you even okay?" I shivered, the cold night in LA was weird for this place. 

"No, but I am trying to not freak out. My dad is at work and my mom is 2 days away in Westford, Washington. This is the fourth time my car has broken down, and my dad will kill me." She said with a nervous shiver.

Pulling her phone screen back up, she grumbled in frustration.

"My dad is in a meeting. How coincidental." She scoffed and went into her car and grabbed her bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked and she looked up at me.

"What does it look like? I am walking home." She replied with a smirk, pressing a button and letting the car lock beep scare me.

"In the dark?" I asked, our houses a good 10 minute walk away.

"How else am I going to get home? I have homework." She sassed back.

"I'll walk you." I hummed and I couldn't hear her reply in protest.

"Whatever."  I eventually heard her mutter and I sighed.

"Listen, Rose, we don't have to be so rude to each other. Just because we used to have a thing doesn't mean we can't be friends." I said strictly back and her hands shook a little bit. 

"Fuck off, Fishman." I heard her reply harshly, and I laughed.

Well, she hasn't changed.

-

OO ROSIE

GET EM

idk