* Forty Four *

The sky was pink from the sun slowly rising, the soft peach palette spreading across the beyond.

The waves provided a soft and luscious background noise, perfect for a good nights sleep next to Katrina.

Perching myself up with my arm, I yawned and looked around.

Our stuff was still here, and everyone except me and Beau were asleep.

"We should go and surprise them with breakfast." He whispered to me and I nodded.

"Sounds good." I stood up slowly and we jogged to the cement path that led to town.

"It's almost 8, we gotta be quick." He said and we entered the diner.
-
"That waitress was totally hitting on you!" I protested and he scoffed.

"Naw, she was just being friendly." He smirked and sipped his lemonade.

"She was shaking her ass and bouncing her boobs every time she came up to us...." I glared at Beau as we made our way back to the shore.

"So what? That means i'm desirable...." He shot me a cringy wink.

"You look like you have a bug stuck in your eye." I giggled and he acted offended.

"Alright Roro, let's get this food back to the group before I wink you to death." He said with a chuckle.

"R-Roro?" I asked with a confused and dazed appearance on my face.

"New nickname, I kinda like it." He bit his lip and I laughed.

"Why do people make nicknames for me, Rose isn't that hard to say." I threw up my hands and he shook his head.

"It's not about how easy it is, it's about how unique it is." He said and I nodded.

"That was some deep stuff." I said and we both laughed.

We walked up to the group that was waking up.

Jessica and Adi threw Katrina into the ocean and she squealed.

"PANCAKES!" I hollered and the group ran back from the ocean and all took a seat.

"One box per person." I said, handing out the boxes that consisted of some strawberry pancakes.

We all began to dig in, laughing about how silly last night was.

"Hey, my wallet is empty...." I heard a girl say in frustration from one side of the pit.

"Mine is too!" Adi growled and Jessica quickly looked in her bag.

"Mine is too!" She said slowly, almost like it was fake.

"Aw, shucks, someone robbed us!" Katrina threw her arms up in defeat as her hands opened up to an empty wallet.

"My cards are still here, just no cash. I didn't even realize..." Beau sighed.

"That's why I didn't bring my wallet." I said with a sly smirk.
-
We began to pack up and slowly collected our things.

"Hey, Jessica, do you have an ASB card?" I asked.

The ASB card is what got us into games for free, it was mainly for people who played sports and Jessica did softball.

"Yeah, in my wallet." She called, and I hunkered down to wither through her bag for her large wallet.

I opened it up and inside was a large wad of cash. There had to be $500 in here, probably more!

Should I call her out or talk to her privately?

Before I could think it through, I felt Katrina rip the wallet from my grasps.

"THIS IS MY LUCKY DOLLAR! Jessica took our money!" She said angrily, flailing around with the pink dollar in her hands.

I twisted around quickly to Jessica who glared at me and her jawline extended with the clench of her jaw.

"Whaaaa..." Adi said, grabbing the wallet.

"Jessica, you said you got robbed too..." Beau said softly, trying to keep his cool.

"Because she didn't want to be suspected." A girl named Rae scoffed.

Oh gosh.
-
i'm
tired
goodnight 🌙
- charissa 🤘