The One with The Unexpected News

It was the day after his birthday and he was resting on the bed. She entered the room and quietly got to him. Then she shook his body.

"Are you asleep?"

"Nope." He turned around and smiled at her.

"It’s Smolder’s weekend!" Nina giggled. "Get up." She hit him with her pillow.

Ian laughed and looked through the window. “It’s snowing.”

Nina stood up and looked through the window too. “Yes it is. Let’s decorate our Christmas tree!”

"Okay. Let’s go it." He got up and went downstairs. She followed him.

Ian didn’t notice the table and opened the fridge.

"What are you looking for?" Nina sat on the chair.

On the table were fried eggs, bacon, toasts with jam and butter, pancakes with maple syrup, cereal, tea, coffee, milk and orange juice. Ian closed the fridge and turned around to look at the table.

"Did you do this?" He came to Nina and kissed her cheek.

"Yes while you were sleeping." She smiled and looked down at her ”Christmas Decorating Guide” magazine.

"I love you." He sat down and took a piece of the bacon.

"I love you too." She showed him the magazine. "Do you like it like this?"

"Yup. It’s awesome." He drank from the orange juice.

"Our decoration will be better than Ashley’s." Nina giggled, left the magazine and started to eat.

"Don’t show her the magazine." Ian laughed.

"I won’t." She smiled. "Mmm… Strawberry jam."

He took a bite from the toast and looked at her. She took another toast with jam and ate from it.

"You’re eating now." He smiled.

"I never stopped. Mmmm."

Ian smiled at her and drank his cup of orange juice.

"I’m pregnant."

The words stabbed the air and silence followed. Ian put the cup on the table and looked at Nina serious.

"Pregnant? Like, pregnant? Are you sure?"

"I made many different tests, Ian. All positive."

"Oh my god." He looked shocked.

She looked at him worried and didn’t say anything. After a few seconds she spoke. “You don’t want it.”

"No. Babe. It’s not me. I will be right here for you whatever you decide, okay?"

"I’m not killing a baby."

"Okay. Then, we will keep it. I’m with you." He stood up, came to her and hugged her.

She hugged him too and smiled. “Let’s decorate the Christmas tree now.”

"Alright. I will bring everything we have and everything new we got."

"Okay." Nina smiled, got up and went in the living room.

Ian brang all the boxes with the decorating stuff and they started.

"I will put the ribbons." Nina took some Christmas toys and ribbons.

"Only the red one."

"And the gold one, please." Nina giggled and put them on the tree.