The One Where They Chose The Name

Nina and Ian spent eight days in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic. It was an amazing vacation. They relaxed enough and the Holidays were over. It was 12th of January already and they were back to work now.

The first thing they did when they got back home in Atlanta was to meet some of their friends.

Ian got out of the bathroom and noticed Nina staring at something. He got closer to her and hugged her from behind, wrapping his arms around her.

"Hey…" She whispered.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing much. Kristen is about to come."

"Oh." Ian laughed. "I should put on clothes then." He took something simple to put on.

"The Christmas tree is still here and it didn’t fall."

"Yeah." Ian looked at Nina’s eyes. "Are you still mad at me or something like that?"

Nina looked at Ian as well and shrugged.

"And what did I do?"

"I’m not gonna tell you that."

"What are we doing then?"

"Nothing." Nina sat down and opened the magazine, which was on the table.

Ian turned back and went to their bedroom.

They just had this little fight on Nina’s birthday. It wasn’t a big deal, but she was pregnant so she probably was still upset or something like that. It wasn’t the birthday she wanted though and here is why she was a little mad at Ian. But it was gonna pass anyway.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. All of their friends were in front of the house. Ashley, Duda, Kristen, Robert and their daughter Mackenzie.

Nina stood up and opened the door. She smiled at all of the people and hugged Ashley tight.

"I missed you!" Ashley hugged her as well.

Then Nina gave hugs to everyone else and they entered the house. Ian was just coming down the stairs.

He said hi to everyone, while Nina couldn’t wait any longer to show Ashley the ring. She pulled her away from everyone else in a quite corner and showed it to her, without anyone noticing.

"OH MY GOD!" Ashley screamed. "When? Why didn’t you tell me?" She took Nina’s hand and was staring at the ring.

"It was on Christmas." Nina giggled.

"And you’re telling me now? Nina! How could you?" Ashley pinched her neck.

"I didn’t tell anyone."

Ashley went to the living room and sat on the couch. “The ring is amazing! I wanna talk about weddings.”

Mackenzie was a little, annoying girl. She sneaked from somewhere and started taking away some of Nina and Ian’s stuff, including Ian’s favourite baseball ball which he always wanted to give to his future son. She even took away their awards, without asking.

Ian noticed all that and just came to her and told her that this wasn’t right. But here we go, Nina’s pregnant hormones showed again.

"I allow Mackenzie to take whatever she wants."

"Well, that’s my ball and I don’t want her to have it."

"Oh, so we divide things now?"

"Why are you niggling with me?"

"Uh, fine." Nina took out the baseball ball from Mackenzie’s bag and put it back where it was.

"What did I do to you?" Ian asked once again.