Epilogue

Can’t you see that it’s just raining? Ain’t no need to go outside…

The early morning sky was clad in grey. The clouds were doubling up on each other menacingly. The smell of incoming rain was heavy and soon a fall of rain dropped from the sky. Soon there where flashes of light in the sky which appeared to be lightning, then it followed by a thunder. The ocean started raging and it looked scary.

Nina woke up from the storm and her eyes immediately locked on Ian, who was probably up from a long time. He smiled at her and looked down at the brown-haired, blue-eyed, 3-months-old baby boy. He was laid on a pillow and was sucking milk from the bottle, which Ian was holding against his mouth.

But, baby, you hardly even notice when I try to show you this song is meant to keep you from doing what you’re supposed to…

Nina smiled and stretched, then spoke quietly. “The rain will ruin this beautiful day.”

Waking up too early maybe we can sleep in…

"It always rains in Hawaii, we’ve been here thousand times." Ian kept smiling at his wife, then leaned to her and kissed her lips softly. "Good morning baby."

Make you banana pancakes pretend like it’s the weekend now…

She puckered her lips and kissed him as well. “Well, we can always rain dance but I doubt the kids would like to do that.” Then she giggled. Her giggles hadn’t changed with the years. Nothing hadn’t changed. She was the most beautiful woman on the planet.

And we could pretend it all the time…

"Maybe we can make the kid-dream come true. I’ve always wanted to play in the rain when I was a kid." Ian smiled at the baby boy as it started pushing the bottle away. "You full buddy?"

Can’t you see that it’s just raining? There ain’t no need to go outside…

"How is my little man?" Nina leaned down and kissed Jack’s forehead. Jack Alexander Somerhalder. Alexander was his uncle’s name and Jack just came naturally. When Nina gave birth to him they just knew it was Jack. "Thanks for doing my job and feeding him instead of me, daddy." She looked up at Ian and giggled again.

But just maybe, like a ukulele momma made a baby. Really don’t mind the practice ‘cause you’re my little lady…

"Hey, don’t call me daddy. It gets me sexcited when it comes from your mouth."

Lady, lady, love me ‘cause I love to lay here lazy…

Nina kept giggling and slapped Ian’s arm playfully. “Don’t talk like that in front of the kid.”

We could close the curtains, pretend like there’s no world outside…

"He doesn’t even understand. Yet." Ian laughed as well.

They heard footsteps. It was a tapping of bare little feet. Suddenly the door opened and a little girl got in, hardly trying to carry another little boy. She had long brown hair, like Nina’s and ocean-blue eyes like Ian’s. She was dressed in her pajamas and no matter what her mood was, she always shone like the sunshine.